X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hd black friday sale

stopped at local hd on saturday to check out any in store sales and asked when the ridgid tools will go on sale. salesperson said there is a black friday sale coming up this friday, but doesn't know what will be on sale. if anyone else has any input that would be great i want to buy the planner r4330 and jointer jp0610 but i want a deal i hate paying full price.

Re: hd black friday sale

Black Friday in April? What's next, Christmas in June?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Bru, the flyer from Lowes in our todays Sunday paper said extreme sale, 15% off on power tools, and mentioned stationary tools, such as table saws. I have heard that HD will honor Lowes coupons and ads, but I have never tried it out. For 15%, its worth a shot.

For the previous poster: Why don't you wait until Friday, then make another post. If there is no sale, then your sarcasm is justified.
      "non illegitimis carborundum"

Comment

Originally posted by Laflaone View Post
        Bru, the flyer from Lowes in our todays Sunday paper said extreme sale, 15% off on power tools, and mentioned stationary tools, such as table saws. I have heard that HD will honor Lowes coupons and ads, but I have never tried it out. For 15%, its worth a shot.

For the previous poster: Why don't you wait until Friday, then make another post. If there is no sale, then your sarcasm is justified.
        Why don't you wait until July. If Christmas doesn't happen then your lack of humor will be justified.

Comment

i also seen the add today from lowes but it didnt list planners on sale although the dewalt 735 was on sale or marked down i cant remember which one last week. from what ive read on a couple differant forums i think i want to go with the ridgid planner for the price quality factor. hd has in the past matched prices for me but it has to be an identicle item number i think. i may be wrong though. thanks for your imput though. as far as black friday or christmas in june goes im just repeating what the store clerk called the sale

Comment

I was at Lowe's yesterday and noticed the Bosch 18v Litheon combo was down to 409 from 498. I've been saving for this kit so I picked it up. The tag said "New Lower Price" but who knows how long that will last. Amazon even lowered the price on this kit to 439 or so.

Ern

Comment

Originally posted by Laflaone View Post

Having a bad day?
              How does adding a Smiley after a comment indicate sarcasm?
              Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                Black Friday in April? What's next, Christmas in June?

I thought the same thing when I saw the sign. I didn't see anything significant. Only a Ryobi One+ promo combo and the Makita 4pc lithium kit was $100 off from $499 to $399. The Amazon price on that kit is $362.

And by the way Dave. If you'd have said Christmas in FEBRUARY... THAT would have been sarcastic!

Ern

Comment

Originally posted by bru View Post
                  i also seen the add today from lowes but it didnt list planners on sale although the dewalt 735 was on sale or marked down i cant remember which one last week. from what ive read on a couple differant forums i think i want to go with the ridgid planner for the price quality factor. hd has in the past matched prices for me but it has to be an identicle item number i think. i may be wrong though. thanks for your imput though. as far as black friday or christmas in june goes im just repeating what the store clerk called the sale
                  I have read a review of several planers on another forum and they agve the DeWalt 735 the highest marks and the Ridgid got next to worst. I'm not trying to badmouth Ridgid, just trying to share some info.

Comment

sikrap thanks for your input is there any way u could give me a link or the info to that site or forum i would like to read up on it. what about jointners any imput thanks. i would like to buy maybe this weekend if possible. hd will list whats on sale on thursday and store clerk thought they would open friday a 6 am. thanks

Comment

http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/indus...72583&artnum=1

There you go. Hope this helps.

When you decide on what you want, you might want to keep an eye on ebay and Craigslist. There is a DeWalt 735 on ebay that I'm bidding on and the seller never filed the warranty card

Comment

If you will go on fine woodworking.com you can search and they have an excellent review of the major table top planers. I used it to determine which one I bought and have been satisfied. Ridgid got a good review.

Comment

I just talked to the tool guy's at my local HD and they said they know nothing about a sale on Friday. Either they did not want to tell me or they really do not know. I will stop in tomorrow and see for myself. I don't know why because the granite top table saw I want is still a no show at this HD.

Red
                          Red

Comment

I've read the review on Tools of the trade after I bought the R4330 (upgraded from the TP1300) and was a little worried that I had made a mistake. Well I don't anymore. Last couple of days I've been working on a fireplace surround, (floor to ceiling to hide TV and components) which is made out of solid white oak. White oak is pretty hard wood obvisouly and I was nervous running it through the planner when I got back from the mill, I even paid $.10 a bdft more to have them take it from one inch to 7/8" so if the planner really couldn't handle 1/16" I wouldn't be there all day. Anyway, two of the 10 boards I bought were over 12", one just barely and the other 12 1/2", I saved these two for last. The first went through just fine, came out just as smooth as I would expect so I deceided on the next one take off 1/16" then send the others through at the depth to get them all even again. You could tell the motor was running harder but I didn't notice any slowing down and the cut was great, no need to re-run the board for a smoother finish. All in all three passes per board to get them from the 7/8" down to 3/4". I would say try the Ridgid (save a couple hundred dollars) and if it doesn't do what you need you have 90 days to deceide. There isn't much set up like there would be with a Table saw so it really isn't that big of a deal imo, totally worth the savings between the DW735 and the R4330

Comment

Working...
                            X