X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 - Dado blade

Is it taboo to use an adjustable dado set on my Ridgid TS 2400? Just hate to spend the money for a stacked set when I have a nearly new 7' adjustable blade from my previous Rockwell machine. Thanks for your thoughts!

Re: TS2400 - Dado blade

No problem using stacked dado set on the TS2400 that I am aware of (I quite frequently use a Freud 8" set on mine)

Comment

TomApple, I think he wants to know if he can use an "adjustable" dado on that machine.

geosinner101, is it a wobble dado? When you turn the dial do the blades move away from each on one end and then meet back up again on the other?

Comment

Altima...I reread it and I think you are right. My bad.

But the answer is the same...yes.

You can use either type of dado set on a TS2400. Many folks use a wobble dado set for saws with smaller horsepower motors (under 1.5 horse) as well as smaller table top saws that have short arbors. You can use a wobble set on the TS2400 as well as 8" stacked sets.

Tom
        Last edited by tomapple; 03-30-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Sorry about the terminology. I was referring to a 'wobbly' dado blade. For the amount of use I make of a dado blade I hesitate to buy a new stacked set. Just wondered if anyone had experience with adjustable blade.

Comment

Cool! I don't own the same saw, so I didn't want to comment on it.

Comment

Just one word of caution - just 'dry' installed the wobble on the shaft of the TS2400. With the outer blade washer off, the shaft nut almost runs out of thread. I know Ridgid likes to have one thread showing with the nut tightened down. Mabey I'll save my money up for a nice stacked dado set. I'm sure my wife will overjoyed with a $$$ purchase.

Comment

The words "wobble" and "table saw" used together should raise a flag! A wobbler will certain cut the channel, although most wobblers leave an arc on the bottom. You can get a decent stacked carbide dado set in the $50 range if you're careful....I think even the $20 HF unit might be a better choice.

Edit:
                Just stumbled into this deal....your lucky day!

Edit #2:
                Nuther deal - Oldham 6" for $40 from Rockler.

Edit #3:
                Nuther nice deal - New Avenger 6" 30T w/5T chippers for $35 plus shipping. Same as the new Oshlun 6".
                Last edited by hewood; 04-01-2009, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X