X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a decent doweling jig

I'm looking for a decent, reasonably priced doweling jig, found some really nice ones like DowelMax very nice but very pricey. I need to dowel some 5 foot long boards end to end so I need something that provides some accuracy to minimize as much sanding as possible and ease of aligning a number of dowels. I ordered one kit from House of Tools but somewhat disappointed in it, looks better on the internet then it does in real life and no instructions. Does anyone have any suggestions on a decent kit??

Re: Looking for a decent doweling jig

Check out the Veritas dowelling jig at Lee Valley tools-http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=1&p=32249&cat=1,180,42311,42319

Veritas is their own manufacturing line and they are a top notch company to deal with. Excellent customer service and excellent products.

I own this jig (among dozens, OK, hundreds, of other LeeValley tools) and it's quality is second to none.

Terry

Comment

I have an old Stanley Number 59. Works great. We had one in high school shop class and after I started doing wordworking I had to have one. I picked it up on Ebay for $25

Comment

I have been happy with this one which I purchased at Woodcraft. They have other models besides this one that are less money but this one offered the best bang for the buck IMO. I've found it very easy to setup and use and the quality is excellent.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have this one and it changed my life. But you are price sensitive so I was thinking maybe you should look into the the Beadlock system from Rockler. The starter kit is only $30.

Comment

see if joint genie will cut it for you.
            Great accuracy, versatility and cheaper than dowelmax.
            In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Working...
            X