X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Parts from Ridgid

I'm embarking on my ts242 to ts3612 conversion, and want to order the parts. Here is the list from Big Johnson's 2003 post:

1.) Qty.1, Rod Support. (827583)
    2.) Qty.2, Plate Support. (827585)
    3.) Qty.2, Screw, Socket Set 10-32 x 7/16. (141669-35)
    4.) Qty.7, Washer Shim. (818309)
    5.) Qty.1, Tape, Fence 12" Right. (829967)
    6.) Qty.1, Tape, Fence 36" Left. (829698)

I have seen some comments about difficulties in ordering parts from Ridgid, being shuffled to Home Depot, etc. What are the good and not so good ways of ordering Ridgid parts? I live in Atlanta where there are lots of Ridgid "Service Centers" but I don't expect that any of them stock these parts; am I wrong about that?

Thanks, RJ

Re: Ordering Parts from Ridgid

I don't know if this will help but - tried ordering parts for my TS2400 on www.ridgid.com but had trouble placing items in cart. Went to the listed tel # 866 539-1710 and after a menu selection got a live operator. I had the part numbers so it was painless. Items are being shipped fedex with a 5-7 day delivery estimate.

Comment

Ridgid parts arrived via fed-ex this afternoon. Good service and fast shipping. On the invoice they note www.gardnerinc.com as their contact.
      You might want to take a look at that.

Comment

if you have a 2412, have you considered that the trunions may not be the same as the 3612? the 3612 has an eccentric(?) lever that facilitates blade alignment with the miter slot. on a 2412, the trunions are supposed to be loosened and "persuaded" into alignment by tapping same with a beater block and a hammer.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I mistyped, my saw is a 2424. It has the threaded screws for alignment to the miter slots. I replaced the hex-allen-head set screws that came with it, with hex bolt heads. It's much easer to use a combination wrench than an allen wrench.

Thanks, RJ

Comment

Geo - thanks, that supports my suspicions, that from what I have read, the online ordering doesn't seem to work too well. The other link is worth taking a look, but it may be best to do old-fashioned phone ordering. Maybe I can get really old-fashioned and go through an operator!

Thanks, RJ

Comment

I didn't try online and went straight to Ridgid's phone ordering at 866-539-1710, was pretty painless. When the package arrives, the I'll find out if it was truly painless.

Thanks for everyone's help, RJ

Comment

It is good to hear that both of your parts ordering experiences have been painless. So many times all we hear is the opposite. They can't all be nightmares and this proves it.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

rjs..any way you could post a photo of the rear trunion with the micro adjust set screws? i had no idea that the 2424 had a forms of PALS(http://www.in-lineindustries.com/saw_pals.html). i am interested in whether or not my saw has the same rear trunion, to which i could add the micro adjust set screws. thanks. please note, the parts diagrams for both saws show identical part numbers for their respective rear trunions.
                  Last edited by FINER9998; 04-06-2009, 07:52 PM.
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
                  X