X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot 40% Off Sale

According to their web site, Home Depot is having a Yellow Tag - 40% off sale off sale. Has anyone found any of the Ridgid woodworking tools on sale?
    Mark

I've been to three HD in the Houston area and so far it is a waste of time. About the only things they have are light bulbs and rubbermaid containers.

As far as tools? I have yet to see a power tool on sale. I did see a couple of Ridgid screwdrivers on sale.....uuuh-awww.

This sale is not any better than the one Lowes had a few weeks ago.

Scott

Comment

Useless here as well. Only thing close to Rigid tools was a couple sets of discounted mobile caster/base units (pre-Herculift). This is the second time they've had nothing but odds and ends (discontinued, open boxes of tile, rain gear, etc.). There was another such sale after Christmas, equally disappointing---this kind of odd ball stuff could just as easily be set on a display all the time.
      Dave

Comment

I got a 60" K-Body for $28.00 But they only had one

Comment

Nothing in the 4 stores in this area, either. Last time the yellow tags came out, they seemed to be closing out the slow-selling Ridgid accessories. I came away with several year's worth of pleated filters for my AF, we all know how pricey those can be!

Comment

Same here in the Jackson, MS area. I have been to two of the three area stores. The sale back in January (or was it December) was a different story ... lots of B&D Firestorm Drills and smaller tools, don't remember if there were any Ridgid tools on sale then. I have checked the HD nearest to me about three times since the sale was announced but no good stuff on sale.

On a separate note, I asked at one of the stores about the new TS3612 and the salesman had not heard of it. At another store there were two TS2424 on display but one had a HD tag calling it the TS3612! (it was definately a 2424). Price was the same for both, $596, but the 2424 still has the "combo pack" whereas the 3612 is saw only I believe. No one was around to ask about the 3612.

Alan
            Alan
            My Shop

Comment

There wasn't anything here on this end either,just a bunch of Stanley screwdrivers and a few Makita planer blades ( wopee ) I sold better stuff at our last yard sale.

Comment

I was at my local HD yesterday for a few other items and though I wasn't looking real hard, I didn't event see a yellow tag. Disappointing!!
                Mark

Comment

Totally unbelieveable---after all the posts about no yellow tag merchandise for almost a week now---had the tube on a bit tonight and what do I see but yet another commercial for HD and their stupid yellow tags. Talk about false advertising.
                  Dave

Comment

Man...tough crowd.

Personally, I am happy that they have these clearance events even if they don't have much in the way of tools. I have found many odds and ends that I have been able to use. Since these are "clearance" events, the magnitude of the sale is going to depend strongly on the inventory of each individual location.

I am also kind of glad that few Ridgid products (if any) are on clearance. That tells me that Ridgid tools are selling and people are discovering the value they offer. Don't see many Deltas or, in another business, Mercedes on clearance.

Believe it or not, my wife has the nerve to call me an optimist

Comment

Back at HD today, and once again in the Ridgid accessory area looking for the Herc-u-lift Plus (not in yet!) and saw a YELLOW tag that almost made me cry! It was on the riser block assembly for the band saw. I paid regular price of $59.97 for mine last year, now it's marked at $15, less 40% makes it a steal at $9!!! The blade that's included in the pkg is worth at least twice that! So keep looking, you never know what will get tagged next...

Comment

I hit all three local HD stores today. Bought a 6" Woodworking Vise for $9. Was hoping to find some K-Body clamps at 40% off I've been keeping tabs on the table saws. One of the stores had previously had two 2424 new in boxes and another had two on display ... all gone but I never saw a sale on them and I've been checking regularly. The third store still had a display unit out. None of the employees I ask seem to know anything about the 3612 I'll keep checking and hoping to catch a great buy on a Ridgid TS.
                        Alan
                        My Shop

Comment

I bought 4 6inch quick grip clamps for $8 each. and a 4 in machinist vice for $23. Not bad especially the clamps as these are $17 at the local HD. This HD was about 40mi from home by my work in San Antonio.
                          God put me on earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now Im so far behind I may never Die!

Comment

HI guys:

I checked all my 3 locations in the Ottawa. Ontario area and found nothing but crap... and i mean crap.

Mostly broken items. No Ridgid tools or any tools for that matter.

Comment

I haven't counted up the posts, but seems those getting bargins and those finding zilch are pretty close to even. I fully realize that items for the yellow tag sale would vary between stores---discontinued, shop-worn, or incomplete items are never going to be consistant. However, with all the money they spent advertising this turkey (IMHO), you'd think they'd make an effort to have something there to look at. They really can't be making much money just from increasing foot traffic. Building materials are not impulse items, but, tools sure are HD should adopt the old saying "you can never have too many tools."
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X