X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston wood working show

Any of you Houstonians planning to attend the woodworking show over the weekend. I was planning on swinging by tomorrow, FYI it looks like the RIGID folks are going to be there. It is a tough call between the Shell Houston open and the WW show.

tgomez

Re: Houston wood working show

I've never been to one of the shows. Other than trying to sell you stuff what all do they do? Are there free...or moderately priced...training sessions?

Comment

I've never been either....

Comment

I am just now finding this forum so I wasn't able to reply before the show happened, but I went and had a blast. It was in Katy so I was able to go all three days. I spent most of my time watching demonstrations and seminars. The entrance fee was reasonable, but the show had so many little things I wanted, that it turned out to be very expensive. It was $9 for the weekend, but you could get a $2 off coupon on line and Woodline USA had coupon in the show brochure to get your $7 back if you purchased anything from them. I was able to turn a pen in a free pen turning class. I watched a couple seminars on finishing and refinishing, one on jigs and one on cabinet making. Saw several other mini demonistrations.
        Last edited by krdomingue; 04-14-2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I wish I would have seen that coupon from Woodline because I did buy one of their big router bit sets. Oh well I thats ok. I had fun too and got to go for two days since I'm just right down the road in Rosenberg.

Comment

Working...
          X