R4511 Granite top tablesaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Granite top tablesaw

Does anyone know where I can get more detail on this product - (Rigid's website info is pretty basic) ?
    Specifically I want to know the arbor length (can I use a 3/4" dado set), are there dado sized inserts?, how long are the rails (total footprint is important in a tight shop).
    How does this saw compare to products from Steel City?
    It is damp in FL and the granite top would be a godsend!
    Thanks

Re: R4511 Granite top tablesaw

There are 500+ posts about the R4511 here.

Comment

Nice saw with one drawback. I got to get a close look at it during the WW show in my area a few weeks back. Ridgid put a lot of thought into this saw until it came to the fence. It looks and feels cheep. The rep at the show agreed and said that they should have at least taken the fence from the 3650/60 and put it on this new saw.
      find your specs, buy it then replace the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Altima 3.5 View Post
        Nice saw with one drawback. I got to get a close look at it during the WW show in my area a few weeks back. Ridgid put a lot of thought into this saw until it came to the fence. It looks and feels cheep. The rep at the show agreed and said that they should have at least taken the fence from the 3650/60 and put it on this new saw.
        Most of the R4511 owners really like the fence...it simply lacks faces so it looks a little thin. It's a steel t-square fence design that's similar to the Beisemyer and T2, and is much sturdier than the aluminum and plastic fence on the other Ridgid saws IMO that's more similar to the fences on cheaper saws.

Comment

Originally posted by Altima 3.5 View Post
          Nothing wrong with the R4511's fence. Mine locks down tight and runs true across the rails. Once locked it takes a LOT of force to deflect it, and then you may see 1/16". You will never apply enough side pressure to deflect it during use. All that being said, like anything else it's predicated on being adjusted properly.

Buck

Comment

I apologize if I offended anyone. My comments were based on a combination of talking with a local rep and observing the saws fence at a recent WW show. I have not used it nor do I own one. A lot of others share their HO's and I thought I’d share MHO.

Comment

This is a GREAT saw and you will be very happy with it if you buy one. The fence is fine and is very easy to adjust. It slides very nice across the rails and stays accurate. Assembly of the saw was not bad either. Red
              Red

Comment

Working...
              X