X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• used radial saw

i just purchased a used saw and i have to replace the top. what kind of material should i use?

Re: used radial saw

I'd use MDF. It's flat and cheap enough to change out when it gets chewed up.

Comment

MDF or OSB would be fine. You just need something that's flat and will stay that way. My Dad replaced his stock table with OSB probably 15 years ago and it's still working great. Make sure you use the right screws for MDF or OSB. Standard screws don't work well with MDF. You need "composite" screws.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I’ve had some nasty splinters with OSB. I try to avoid it if it’s not going to be covered with something else.

Comment

MDF is the way to go and it's cheap. Red
          Red

Comment

Originally posted by blackiem1 View Post
            i just purchased a used saw and i have to replace the top. what kind of material should i use?
            What make RAS? If craftsman go to www.radialarmsawrecall.com
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

dear Bob, thanks for the information. i called the recall center and they are sending me the

saw guard kit which includes a new table, i want to thank all who replied to my question regarding a new table top replacement, its good to know where to turn when we have
              certain questions. thanks again

blackiem1

Comment

Thanks for the link, Bob! I'm going to see if Dad's saw needs this recall. It's about time he had a new table anyway!
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thanks Bob. Got my new table today.

Comment

got my new table top with new safer blade guard today, just finished un-packing and looks like all the parts are there. i want to thank bob again to the web-site and hope all the woodworkers that have a craftsman radial arm saw to check for any recall on their particular model.

Comment

New to the forum. Been reading the threads here for a time and thought this would be a great place to learn a thing or two. Filled out the paperwork yesterday to join.

I just wanted to give you all a little FYI on the radial arm saw recall kit. I went online to order one a couple weeks ago. Didn't hear anything from anyone, so I emailed them.

Got a phone call yesterday morning. The lady said that my order never went through. So she verified the info in the email and said that she would order me one.

Its on its way. A woodworker without a saw is like; well lets not even go there.

Comment

ID2,

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy membership as much as I have. There's a large number of very helpful, experienced members here and I'm sure you will find lots of worthwhile information. I look forward to your future participation.

Welcome,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                        X