X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Delta work on a Ridgid

I need to get a tenoning jig and Delta seems to be the only one out there ,so will it work on the TS2424 ?

Short answer---Yes!

You can do one of two things---either remove the Delta guide bar and file/sand the sides a bit until you get a smooth fit in the Rigid TS slot---that's what I did on the older model Delta tennoning jig---you want to keep it even in how much you take off, but the jig is adjusted, parallel to the blade with adjustments, other than the guide bar.

Or, you can order a Rigid guide bar part (for the miter gauge)---a few bucks--cut it to length and drill holes to align with the Delta jig.

Do whichever way feels more comfortable.
    Dave

Comment

I don't use one (make mine horizontal router table, thanks ), but I've wondered if an Incra miter bar would be kind of cool for a tenoning jig. They are long, adjustable for fit, and fit a .75" miter slot.

If you really wanted to buy something other than a Delta, Jet/Powermatic has one also. Very small difference in features for $10-20 more, though.

Dave

Comment

As Dave said, the miter bar is the only reason the tenioning jig will not fit.

Jake

Comment

Working...
        X