TS3650 Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 Question

I've found a TS3650 that is missing the second box. Can someone tell me exactly what's in the box? I've heard Lowes is clearancing out some Delta fence systems with rails, will this work on a TS3650?

There is someone in town willing to sell me his TS3650, it looks to be in pretty good shape, don't know if he has the blade guard. He wants 300.00 and will deliver it. Is this the way to go instead?

Thanks,
    David

Re: TS3650 Question

The 2nd box is the fence, and it's worth ~ $175, which should be factored into the total cost. If you do ending up getting a good deal and need a fence, I'd look to the Delta T2 in that price range.

Comment

Originally posted by hewood View Post
      The 2nd box is the fence, and it's worth ~ $175, which should be factored into the total cost. If you do ending up getting a good deal and need a fence, I'd look to the Delta T2 in that price range.

Thanks for the reply. I did find a Delta T2 at a lowes store with the rails on clearance for 109.00. So............ what would you do?

David

Comment

I bought my 3650 without the second box. All that is in #2 box are the rails. The actual fence is in the #1 box. I had them come down on the price to $250, and bought the T2 fence at Lowes for $109. All in all a great buy for a great saw.

If you like putting it all together yourself, then I would go with the saw in the box, for warranty purposes and the like. It did take the entire Saturday for me to get the exact measurements for the rail tape measure, and drilling new holes. If you do go that way with the Delta fence, I will be happy to help with some of the logistics. Plus, I was doing this all by myself, which if you have someone to help you hold and clamp, it would be easier. $300 is not a bad price from an individual, but I would want to make sure there wasn't something wrong (cut a board or at least turn it on and observe).

Comment

Originally posted by Tellefan View Post
          Thanks for the reply. I did find a Delta T2 at a lowes store with the rails on clearance for 109.00. So............ what would you do?

David
          I'd see if they'll knock $100-$125 off the 1st box of the 3650, then buy the T2. It's a matter preference, but I like the T2 fence better anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the repy heywood. I did purchase the saw. Someone PM'ed me and said they called Ridgid and they sent the missing second box. I'm going to call them on Monday.

The associate at HD said he cut the box open to take a look and see what was in there, I knew it was bs. To my dismay there is a thin long box under the cast table ends that had been cut open and there is a space where maybe something is missing. Now I'm wondering what else was taken out.

I might have to return it and forget the whole idea of owning a Ridgid saw.............

Comment

Working...
            X