R4511 Miter Gauge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Miter Gauge

Does anyone else with a R4511 table saw notice their miter gauge leaving some fine scratch marks in the granite top? Mine did this so I added some washers to raise the miter gauge body slightly above the table while leaving the rod in the slot. Red
    Red

Re: R4511 Miter Gauge

I've never had one that didn't leave some marks even on cast iron. As long as they're not "grooves" I wouldn't worry about it. Even sliding the fence back and forth can leave some marks if there's a support foot in contact with the table surface...like a Biesemeyer.

Comment

Originally posted by cactus View Post
      Does anyone else with a R4511 table saw notice their miter gauge leaving some fine scratch marks in the granite top? Mine did this so I added some washers to raise the miter gauge body slightly above the table while leaving the rod in the slot. Red
      Mine leaves minute marks, wouldn't call em scratches. I wipe with a cloth and they go away. I think they are in the wax. The gauge is perfectly flat and leaves a fine line of dust I can wipe away with my finger. I added a fence to mine, about 16" long. In fact pushing stock thru the blade leaves marks on the table, they also wipe away. Hell, if that's all there is to worry about life would be really good!

Buck

Comment

Red,
        I just upgraded my stock gauge with an Incra and it's all padded on the bottom. Glides smooth across the table. The bar adjusts in the slot for no side to side slop. Light years better than the stock one.
        Just a thought.

Comment

I'm looking to upgrade someday in the future. I'm just happy to have a table saw again and get back to doing some projects. The scratches are minor. I was just wondering if anyone else was getting them. No big deal really. Red
          Red

Comment

Working...
          X