X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2412 vs. 2424

My local HD has the 2412 for $150 less than the 2424 ... I was going to get the Ryobi BT3K but it has such mixed reviews I'm opting for the 2412 (good reviews and the lifetime warranty are worth $50 more than the ryobi) ...

I can tell the 2424 is a bit nicer, but is it $150 nicer?

Thanks,

jeffry

Jeffery,

Welcome to the website! I own the TS 2424. For the addional $150 for it I have not regret it.
    Andy B.

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the 2424 has the herculift and the 2412 does not. That alone is worth the extra bucks. I'm getting a 2424 closer to X-mas when the price will drop a bit (keeping fingers crossed)

Comment

The TS 2424 has the herculift and its a great benefit especially if you have a smaller work area like I do. I'd spend the extra dollars. Also, every so often HD will drop the price 10%.

Comment

Jeffry, in my opinion the $150 extra for the 2424 is money well spent. As has been mentioned, the 2424 includes the Herculift, which is the slickest thing for moving a 200+ pound tool I've ever used. If I remember correctly, the Herculift alone is worth about $80. The 2424 weighs about 40 pounds more than the 2412, no doubt due to the cast wings (another plus). More weight = less vibration. Open webbing on wings makes attachment of featherboards and other aids easy.

The 2424 can be run on either 110 or 220 volts, if this is of interest to you. Rip capacity on 2412: 12 left, 24 right. Rip capacity on 2424 is 24 both left and right. Personally, I don't rip on the left so this is a non issue for me.

Bottom line: Unless you are absolutely strapped get the 2424. You'll have this saw for a long time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Dick

Comment

I own the 2412 and I love it. I've had mine for about 2 yrs now. I put locking wheels on mine before I assembled it.The wheels were about 20.00 and well worth it. I'm all the time moving it around the shop for different cuts.So, if you cannot afford the 2424 buy a set of wheels and mount on the bottom and it works just as well. I also own the planner and the scrollsaw.
            Someone tell me more about the Ridgid Bandsaw.I will be buying a bandsaw soon and right now I'm leanning toward the Grizzly 14" for the money and more power...Donny

Comment

Welcome Sir Jeffery
              I also own the 2424. I debated this same issue way to long. I'm very happy with my choice. The Herc-u-lift is worth the difference, but there is other differences that make it even better. I agree the 2412 is a very good choice. If you can spend the extra DO IT in MHO. Good luck either choice will be an excellent one for the money. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X