X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid blades?

I just purchased a ts2410ls from HD and I have a question about blades. I have used cheap blades in my old Delta Unisaw, but it recently kicked the bucket and so I decided to get something more portable. I love this saw!!!
    However I have been hearing a lot talk about Forrest woodworker II blades and Frued blades
    I was at HD again and all they sell is Freud Diablo Blades and Ridgid blades with t3 coating. I am no expert, but those Ridgid blades look like they are top quality. My local HD has a sale on the 10" 50T combo blade rigth now and I was wondering if anybody out there has any recomendations? I am not looking to spend as much as a Forrest WWII and I know that the Diablo are more contractor type blades. I am basically wanting a good rip/crosscut blade for hard/soft woods and the occasional plywood or mdf.

Should I go witht he Diablo or the Ridgid?
    I am also looking for a new 6.5" 24T blade for my Milwaukee 18V cordless circular saw to cut 2x8's-same question-Diablo or Ridgid?

Re: Ridgid blades?

I don't know how much the other blades cost but right now the WW2 is $78.00 on Amazon. I was using cheap blades before I bought my TS3650 and what a difference this blade makes. It's a combo blade I've cross cut, ripped, plywood and mdf with very good results. Good luck. Pat

P.S. Free shipping also....by the way welcome to the forum...
    Last edited by PMR413; 04-13-2009, 04:10 PM. Reason: P.S.

Comment

I can pick up the Ridgid blade for $23 or the Diablo for $30-both are on sale locally.
      I asked a HD employee and he said that they sell alot of both blades-it just depends on what is on sale at the time. While I would love to have a WWII blade-I could pick up three Ridgid's for that price and have them this evening. I know that you get what you pay for, but the Ridgid and Diablo are far from what I would consider cheap!
      It is not like they are an Old Home or Craftsman.
      I more or less just want to know what the experts out there would choose if they were to choose between these 2 blades?

Comment

I have the Ridgid blades on both my TS2650 and the TS2400. In my experience they are good quality blade. Much better than the other blades that I ran on other table saws. Since I have never used the WW2 blades I can't compare but I like them better than the Diablo blades.

Kevin

Comment

What specifically do you like about the Ridgid blade over the Diablo?
          Kerf?
          Noise?
          Longevity?
          Quality of cut?
          All of the above?

Comment

I've had very good luck with Diablo blades myself. I have a TS2400 and a 3660

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss. Going from a Unisaw to a portable must take some getting used to. The Ridgid blades are made by Freud. The suggestion is to use a thiner kerf on the portables due to the limited HP. I would far rather have an 80 tooth Ridgid than a 40 tooth WW2 any day. IMHO WW2 are great but over priced.

Comment

I use full kerf blades.

I've had some wobble in thin kerf blades. Maybe it wasn't a good blade, but I have just had better luck with full kerf blades. Even on my portable saw.

Comment

I think the Ridgid blade cuts smoother. It seems to have less vibration while cutting resulting in a straighter cut. As far as longevity, I haven't noticed much difference.

Comment

How does a unisaw kick the bucket?
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

[quote=jeep_man;223341] but the Ridgid and Diablo are far from what I would consider cheap!
                      quote]

Sorry I was not clear in my statement. I wasn't calling these two blades cheap. My previous saw was a bench top Craftsman that did have cheap blades. I struggled trying to get good cuts for a couple of years, when I decided to upgraded my saw I decided to spend a little extra money and get a blade that came highly recommended from several forums and magazine reviewers. I was only posting my experiences and was not trying to offend nor down talk the products your are looking at. Good luck and I wish you the best in your purchase. Pat

Comment

The Ridgid T3 blades are made by Freud, and are made to similar standards as their Avanti and Diablo lines. The Freud Industrial line has larger carbide and a wider selection, but are otherwise made from the same materials on the same machines. I believe there's been a fairly recent price drop on the T3 line? The T3's used to be priced a bit high, which made all three of Freud lines a bit more attractive on sale IMO, but if the price is right, there's no reason the T3 shouldn't make for a pretty good performer at a good price.

Comment

So I picked up a Ridgid blade last night. I have never used a WWII, but this ridgid blade is hands down the best blade that I have used so far. Thank you for all of your responses! Sometimes it just helps to hear from other woodworkers and not a biased salesperson at the store.

In regards to my Delta-"How does a unisaw kick the bucket?"
                          A few years ago, my neighbor moved and did not want to take his Delta with him. He was a professional cabinet maker that was moving to Florida to retire and did not have the room for it. I bought it from him cheap .
                          Needless to say it has had a rough life. Finally one day I was ripping some walnut and the motor started to spark and smoke. I plan on repairing it because I love the saw, I just needed to get something else and the TS2410ls seemed like the best choice. The whole debate about blades started because I was not impressed with the stock blade.
                          In the past I never had to worry about blades because we had lumber yard that had a blade exchange program. If you bought a blade from them-save your receipt-within a year they would exchange that blade for a new one for $10. So needless to say every year I would exchange my blade, whether it needed it or not. Now that HD is here, they have closed their doors

So it looks like I will be shopping at HD from here on out. I can honestly say that so far, I am impressed with what they carry. Price on lumber is good, Ridgid tools are great, I just wish they had some experienced people working for them

Comment

I use the Ridgid 10-inch, 50-tooth blades on both my RAS and on my CMS and am very pleased with the lower noise and higher quality of cut from other blades that I have used. Price is great at about $40.

The only problem I have is that there isn't much of an assortment.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                            X