X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4511 Dado Insert

I just bought a dado set today and need to get the proper insert now. Anyone know the ridgid part # or SKU?

Another question too. What advantage does a combination blade have over a 60t fine finish blade when ripping stock? I have been using my 60t and get good results on what ever I cut.

Thanks!

Re: 4511 Dado Insert

Part number for the Dado Throat Plate listed in your manual on pg. 44

AC31DG1

Comment

60 teeth is more than twice what you need to rip solid wood. A 24 T rip blade will be far more efficient, require less effort to feed, burn less, and require less sharpening. Each blade has a purpose, 24 for rip and 80 for cross cut, in between blades or combo blades try to do both but succeed at neither in most cases

Comment

If I could, I would like to suggest a " Clear Access Insert " ( I don't have the UPC for that item )in place of that dado throat plate.

This is a spacial order item, and I think it's about 20$ at the Home Depot.

I feel that a clear access insert is a better choice for your dado needs. This insert will give you a lot better support when your cutting grooves, rabbits or inlays, because there wont be any open/uncovered space under your stock.

It's easy to install. Place the insert in the space that your throat plate gos, brace it down and with your saw running raise the blade to the height you want.

Also don't forget to make your self a false fence to go with your dado blade...

sirwoodchuck

Comment

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Smack View Post

Why?
            Umm... close your eyes, and picture the sound of your new dado set chewing up your new fence. Yech. Just the thought of it gives me the screaming heebie jeebies.

The false fence is a sacrifice piece of wood or UHMW plastic on the face of your fence. That way, if you get too close to the fence, you'll cut that instead of tearing up everything in sight when the dado meets the fence. Edited to add: It's also handy for cutting rabbets. If you need a rabbet 3/8" wide, but you've already got your dado set to 1/2", you can move the sacrifice fence into the side of the dado, cutting out a little of it. Then you can use your fence to guide the wood over the dado blade.

Originally posted by sirwoodchuck
            If I could, I would like to suggest a " Clear Access Insert " ( I don't have the UPC for that item )in place of that dado throat plate.
            Are you talking about a zero clearance insert? I"ve never heard of a "Clear Access Insert."
            Last edited by dow; 04-28-2009, 10:00 AM.
            De Colores,
            Dow
            Boerne, TX

Comment

Thanks alot!

Comment

Does anyone know how one can go about getting one of these Dado plates?

Comment

I bought one from woodcraft for 22$ recently. It is the same as the one that they sell for steel city. not sure about the model #. Fits perfectly. BTW, they have a flyer current with a 10$ off coupon if you spend 20 or more. that makes it a sweet deal. I am planning to get a zero clearance insert also from woodcraft.

Comment

http://www.woodcraft.com/tab/001.aspx

That gives the 10$ off coupon

Comment

Cool thanks. They have 2 models, know which one is for the 4511? They have a 149417 and a 149416.

Comment

Originally posted by PACTECH View Post
                        Cool thanks. They have 2 models, know which one is for the 4511? They have a 149417 and a 149416.
                        Both. 917 is the dado insert and 916 is the zero clearance insert.

Comment

Right on. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X