X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aligning splitter on R4511 with the blade

Do you have any advice on how to adjust the splitter on the R4511 to align it with the blade? Mine is sticks out to the right by approx. 4/100 of an inch when compared to the blade. A little less in the front, a little more in the back.

The explanations in the manual are too brief to be helpful, and I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the 4 hex screws.

Thanks,

Narfi

Re: Aligning splitter on R4511 with the blade

you'll need to take off the blade.

then behind the blade arbor you'll see a bolt that holds the riving knife housing to the trunnion. you'll need to loosen that bold, align the housing with the blade stop-nut, retighten the bolt, reinstall the blade, and check for alignment again.... rinse and repeat as necessary.

Comment

There are two larger hex screws behind the blade. Just loosen them slightly and move the splitter housing in the direction you need it to go, tighten, install the blade and check it. Red
      Red

Comment

I made a 1/2 blade out of hardboard. This allowed me to get to the screws with the dummy blade in place. Worked out great.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Flarda View Post
          I made a 1/2 blade out of hardboard. This allowed me to get to the screws with the dummy blade in place. Worked out great.
          Now THAT'S usin yer noggin! Wish I'd of thought of that.
          De Colores,
          Dow
          Boerne, TX

Comment

The half blade cutout is a great idea. I just used a metal ruler clamped into position by my stabilizer plates to rough align my riving knife bracket.

I've included some pictures to illustrate what everyone is talking about. The arbor is attached to the arbor lift support bracket. This is what moves up and down in relation to the trunnion to raise your blade. At the lower rear of the arbor lift support bracket, the riving knife support bracket is attached with two screws. The two corresponding holes in the riving knife support bracket are elongated so that the bracket can move left or right to align the riving knife with the saw blade. There is enough adjustment available to accommodate rather thick stabilizer plates.
            Attached Files

Comment

I think a lot of the confusion folks are having aligning the riving knife are the instructions referal to the "4 hex screws". The instructions are incorrect (and definately need to be corrected before the next printing of the manual). The 4 screws have nothing to do with aligning the knife to the blade.

Comment

Working...
              X