X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Comments/Concerns

First let me say that I purchased my RA4511 from my local Home Depot store and I am (so far) completely satisfied with the saw. I’ve been in the market for a hybrid saw for some time and when this one hit the shelves at the HD, at $600, I jumped at the chance. Once I got the saw “completely” put together, and tuned, I can say it’s worth every penny. HOWEVER: I am concerned about Ridgid’s quality control. The milled groves (for the miter gauge) were so far off the miter gauge would not slide completely through the slot. There was a difference of .41mm from the front (about 1 inch in) to the back end of the slot. The other slot was off .37mm, front to back. This is a quality control issue. I contacted Ridgid customer service and they were no help and didn’t appear to be concerned. They told me to take the saw back to the seller and ask for an exchange (keep in mind that this is a 450 lb piece of equipment). I’m thankful that HD was more concerned and worked with me in correcting this problem. The granite top from their in stock unit was removed and exchanged with the one I had purchased. This was much easier than returning the whole saw. The new top is perfect, and as I said above, once I got the saw “completely” together, I am extremely satisfied. Ridgid could have a winner on their hands; however, if one of the wood working magazines gets their hands on one that is in the condition of my first saw, they can kiss this winner good-by.

Re: R4511 Comments/Concerns

My miter gauge was also very tight even though the adjustment screws were not sticking out at all. I pushed the miter gauge several times through the groves and it wore some of the black of the rod and now it works great and it has no slop. I also keep the top well waxed including the miter groves. Red
    Red

Comment

Re: R4511 Comments/Concerns

Thanks for the info; however, the first one I had was so far off that the miter gauge got stuck and I had to use a hammer to remove it from the slot. The replacement I received is PERFECT and I love the saw.

Comment

Working...
      X