X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bevel and height adjstments

I was happy and thrilled to receive my TS 3660 especilly since all I've been able to afford has been a Hitachi piece of crap that I paid $230.00 for, and it was probably worth @ .15 cents. The only problem I've had with saw is bevel ad height adjustments. When I removed the saw from the box it was partially put together with handles already installed. The bevel handle once you get to about 40% it wont move any further. I tried to do everything that crummy manual told me to do, and have not got it fixed yet. I'm disabled and have a very meager income and this stupid thing has already bent the cabinet a little bit. I love to do woodworking and have been putting me a shop together for the last 2 to 3 years and helps me keep my mind on things other than health issues. On the other hand It makes me almost want to commit suicide to do very much in the way of mechanical work. Please help!!!!!! I will never buy anything else that comes in a box and has to be put together. Anyway I really like his forum and think it will be very useful to me.

Re: Bevel and height adjstments

Sorry to hear of your problems (all of them).

I'd want to know why the handles were fitted. The TS3660 does not come with them fitted normally. This suggests to me that someone prior to you owned the saw and possibly found an issue and returned it. The saw then was reboxed and sold.

I don't see how the saw could have had much assembly, if it still fitted in the box. From what I remember, all of the components fitted in the box snugly.

Either way, I'm sure you could return it and at least get your money back, if not change it for a 4511 as it will be possible to get the 4511 for $450 in the next two weeks. I'm not sure you will find any 3660s any more, and those that are around may well be the bottom of the barrel.

Comment

if you are refering to the ultimate power deal, the $450 estimate may be more like $524 as the 4511 sells for $599, not $600.( the instant rebate is $75 for tools of $599 or less. the $150 rebate kicks in at $600).
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

When you say 40% do you mean 40 degrees?

If yes then maybe the limit stops need to be adjusted. These are the two allen screws in the top in front of the blade. The manual tells how to adjust them, it is not difficult.

The other possibility is that someone else bought this saw and returned it, so be careful. Look it over good and make sure you are not missing any parts. Check to the list in the manual. If someone returned it and left the handlwheels on (or maybe it was a floor display and got put back in the box), then the shafts might have got bent, or should I say "misaligned".

Either way it's not something that can't be remedied with too much trouble. Just don't let it get to you. If you have a problem stop back in here and some one here will help you through it. In the past 5.375 years I have been here I think we have seen just about anything come down the pike.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          if you are refering to the ultimate power deal, the $450 estimate may be more like $524 as the 4511 sells for $599, not $600.( the instant rebate is $75 for tools of $599 or less. the $150 rebate kicks in at $600).
          Well, yes, but it is a combined deal, so I would imagine you could buy a bit set, or a chuck key for $5, and then you're in the $150 coupon bracket.

I guess it's how one does business, but there's one or two ladies at my local HD that would make sure I got the $150. Just need to ask them nicely.

Comment

Working...
          X