X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Cut

I recently saw a video for a product called Final Cut. It is a sanding disk glued to a table saw or miter saw blade. It sands the wood while making the cut. Has any one ever done this? Is it practical?
    Thanks

Re: Final Cut

Yet another worthless gimmick IMO. With a good quality sharp blade installed on your saw you shouldn't need anything like that anyways.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      Yet another worthless gimmick IMO. With a good quality sharp blade installed on your saw you shouldn't need anything like that anyways.
      *Agreed*. Get a WW2 or Ridge Carbide, or high-end Freud and feeeeel the buttery smoothness.

This sanding thing might well burn/burnish your edges. Never a good result.

Comment

I put a soap dispenser on my table saw so I can wash dishes with it.

Comment

Funny, before this I always thought of Apple's video editing software when someone referred to "Final Cut".
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            Funny, before this I always thought of Apple's video editing software when someone referred to "Final Cut".
            Same, Bob! I thought this was some kind of Apple CNC table saw gizmo thing-a-ma-jiggy setup.

Ah well....we can dream...

I agree that a sanding disk on a TS blade will probably result in a very poor cut quality. I've used both the WWII and the Freud high-end blades and the cuts are very smooth. Sandpaper would just burn the wood.
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I tried one and wasn't overly impressed with the quality of the blade for the price. The sandpaper worked better than I expected until the adhesive gave out. Considering the cost and how long it takes to cleanup and reinstall new sandpaper vs just using a standard high quality blade and hitting exposed edges with a handplane, it's just not a feasible long term answer IMHO. Most cuts are hidden anyway, and most projects have very few have exposed edges....everything gets a final sanding before staining regardless....YMMV. I no longer have the blade or use the sandpaper.

Comment

Working...
              X