Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What would you do?

Originally posted by rofl View Post
    Sounds like you just need to be happy with the awesome deal you got on the 3660 then
    Well thats no fun!!!

Ive been torn over trying to upgrade to the 4511. The "best" feature on it is actually what scares me: the granite top. I do like the inboard motor and better dust collection (the riving knife is nice but not imperative to me). Obviously for this upgrade price it would have been an excellent deal. If only I could sell the 3660 somehow. I sold my 2400 really quickly on CL too, but at least I could get that out of the house.

Comment

With the herculift system, you should be able to at least get it on the driveway I would think.

With the door closed they really don't get to scope anything out. You can always advertise it as "selling it for a friend". You know, a friend that doesn't understand the newfangled computer crap?

Comment

Yeah I put it up on CL, can always lug it out of the basement and into the garage if I have to.

Lets see if it sells. And I dread giving HD the business after they decided to make their own return policy, but I might have to live with that.

Comment

Originally posted by jeep_man View Post
          Has anyone used the Herc-U-Lift system? The one on the floor model at the HD was broken and would not move. I am curious now since I do have a 500 lb saw, can I move it around my shop by myself? Or even with the herc-u-lift will I need an extra pair of hands?

The Herc-U-Lift system is an impossibly good design. It takes almost no effort to engage it. Once it is engaged it is solid on the casters and moves around well. You aren't moving it with one finger, but you won't be straining either.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
            Well I tried (to return my 3660 and buy the 4511)!!

"Store policy" is no returns on clearance items. Even though the big returns policy sign doesnt say it, nor does my receipt that says my return policy expires on 5/6/2009.

Didnt feel like pressing the issue. Wonder if I can get them to do it if I make a big enough stink. Or maybe it just wasnt meant to be.

Interesting though, as I was pulling into the parking lot I was behind the "Swift" delivery truck that was carrying the 4511s to the store.
            I took my 3660 back and bought the R4511 when the sale started, no questions asked, but then it was still in the unopened box. I didn't see any clearance signs on the 3660 when I bought it, but that it was a reduced price of $399.99 so you should be able to return it as per their 90 return policy. I think if you made a big enough stink that they would take it back. You also might try another store in your area, I actually took mine back to a different store than I purchased it from that was closer to my house and didn't have a problem returning it.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHunter View Post
              I took my 3660 back and bought the R4511 when the sale started, no questions asked, but then it was still in the unopened box. I didn't see any clearance signs on the 3660 when I bought it, but that it was a reduced price of $399.99 so you should be able to return it as per their 90 return policy. I think if you made a big enough stink that they would take it back. You also might try another store in your area, I actually took mine back to a different store than I purchased it from that was closer to my house and didn't have a problem returning it.
              Im not sure how far I want to push it. It is already assembled, and slightly used (basically Ive used it to just to set it up, parallel everything, etc).

Interesting that they didnt say they wouldnt take it back because it was assembled, but because it was "clearance". I could have just said "I dont see anywhere that shows it was on clearance when I bought it", and in fact the price on the shelf was still the regular price back when I bought it.

Ill try CL, if anyone buys it then Ill go get a 4511. Otherwise, no biggie.

I might try another HD store, but I went to one that was really close to my house, Id prefer not having to drag an assembled 3660 all over the place I suppose I could try the same store with a different manager and see if I get different results.

And AGAIN on the other hand, I can see where they are coming from.........once they have my assmbled/slightly used 3660 back in the store, how are they going to sell it.

Comment

Working...
              X