X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Better Deal on the R4511 Grandite top saw

Because I bought a total of $1026 with the TS, DP, router and sander. The savings are $300 for a total buy of >$1000. When I looked at the receipt, the $300 is pro-rated across the purchases. The breakout is as follows:

TS $282.33 (399)
    Router $140.81 (199)
    Sander $91.28 (129)
    DP $211.58 (299)

Total $726. (1026)

Comment

Originally posted by Roadster280 View Post
      Doing one's homework is a very rewarding thing, it seems

Now a question - is this sale an annual event? The discounts seem better than Black Friday to me, so if it's going to be coming around again, I'll plan on the bandsaw, planer & jointer next year.
      My HD made it sound like it was a annual event. I agree they seem better then Black Friday, because it includes all tools. BF is certain tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadster280 View Post
        Because I bought a total of $1026 with the TS, DP, router and sander. The savings are $300 for a total buy of >$1000. When I looked at the receipt, the $300 is pro-rated across the purchases. The breakout is as follows:

TS $282.33 (399)
        Router $140.81 (199)
        Sander $91.28 (129)
        DP $211.58 (299)

Total $726. (1026)
        This keeps you from purchasing all this equipment, take advantage of the $300 sale, then returning three of the four items for full value. I think it was a great sale and I hope it is done next year as well.

Red
        Red

Comment

Originally posted by cactus View Post
          This keeps you from purchasing all this equipment, take advantage of the $300 sale, then returning three of the four items for full value. I think it was a great sale and I hope it is done next year as well.

Red
          It states under each item that all items must be returned for full value, if not only the adjusted price will be refunded.

Comment

Last year it was similar, but there wasn't really the ramp up in efficiency for buying more tools. They took either $30 or $50 off a purchase of $150 and the same percentage off a purchase of $300 or more. This year, the percentage increases as your cost increases. For example at $150, the discount is 16.7%, but at $1000 it is 30%.

It was relatively easy for me to get from $400 to $600, spending another $125 to get $200 more in tools seemed like an easy decision though. I could imagine that I would have hit $800 if they had it as an option with a better discount (by picking a $400 second tool instead of a $200 one).

Comment

Working...
            X