X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Deal on the R4511 Grandite top saw

On 4/10 I purchased the R4511 saw, which I truly love. I was in Home Depot today and discovered that they are having a sale, with instant rebates. The rebates are pretty hefty. For my saw ($599) the rebate was $75; however, if I purchased another tool and got the price over $599 then the rebate was $150. You guessed it, I HAD to purchase another tool (the sacrifice we wood workers have to make). I needed a new palm sander ($69), which put me over $599, so I got the $150 rebate. HD was so nice, they refunded my original purchase, then re-rang it with the rebate price so I ended up getting the R4511 AND a Milwaukie palm sander for $518. It gets better. I called the HD credit card folks and there is 12 months no interest/payments available. I like using other people’s money.

Re: Better Deal on the R4511 Grandite top saw

I just bought my first table saw. After looking for the past year, I realized that the Ridgid R4511 was probably going to be the lowest priced saw that I could find with a full-sized table and riving knife (as opposed to the little job site saws). Since I'm not sure how much time I'll actually spend at this new hobby, I don't want to spend much right now for a table saw. I opened the paper today and Home Depot's circular shows the R4511 for $599 and the Ultimate Power Deal, which gives you an instant $150 rebate for power tool purchases totaling over $600. This is just too good for me to pass up so I ran up to my local HD. I added a $20 B&D rechargeable screwdriver to my order and ended up getting the table saw for $450. This I can live with. Boy, is my wife going to be surprised when she gets home and finds out there's a big box in the back of my Santa Fe, just waiting for her to help unload.

Comment

I did the same thing but if you read the details of the UPD it stated pneumatic fastners count. I purchased my R4511 and a small pack of porter cable brad nails for $1.35.
      $599 + $1.35=$600.35-$150=$450.35----

Now that is a deal worth talking about!!

Comment

I bought it last night, now I need my buddy and his trailer. I went for the big deal, $300 off. I tried to buy the Freud Dado Set but it didn't count for the deal.

I bought the R4511 Table Saw $420
        Ridgid 2 pc 12V Lithium Drill / Hammer Drill - $125
        Ridgid 6in Orbit Sander. - $90 Should I have bought the belt sander?
        Ryobi intermediate Router Table. - $69 I bought this mainly for storage, I'm lacking it and I can put this up on a shelf.

Comment

I got in on the Ultimate Power Deal as well and went all the way!
          I picked up an Ridgid R4511, Ridgid 14" Drill press and Ridgid Router Combo all for $1097 - $300 = $797 + Tax! It's going to take a while to get it all set up and I can't wait to start this weekend!

Comment

Little Gloat Here, Too!

Cancelled the r4511 I had on order at one HD, went to another one and got the the R4511, plus the ridgid R4330 planer, plus a package of brads for 599+399+2.98=1000.98-300=700.98 plus tax! It's like getting a great planer for a hundred bucks. Doing this versus doing the saw plus the ryobi planer, which was my original plan means I got this planer for $50 more than ryobi, which is an ok planer, but not really in the same class as the ridgid. If you can find one, this is a great time to pick up the 4511.

Comment

Originally posted by plb3t3 View Post
              HD was so nice, they refunded my original purchase, then re-rang it with the rebate price so I ended up getting the R4511 AND a Milwaukie palm sander for $518.

I also did this today with no problem. I took all my paper work to the customer service desk. She refunded my entire purchase from 4/2 then re-rang the purchase less $300. It was well worth the ten minute drive. Anyone who recently purchased some power tools from HD, bring in your receipt and get some money back. Good luck.

Red
              Red

Comment

Originally posted by cactus View Post
                I also did this today with no problem. I took all my paper work to the customer service desk. She refunded my entire purchase from 4/2 then re-rang the purchase less $300. It was well worth the ten minute drive. Anyone who recently purchased some power tools from HD, bring in your receipt and get some money back. Good luck.

Red
                The ad states the promo does not apply to prior purchases, but if you are within the 90 day return window, I would think they have to honor the deal. Guess you could always return them and buy new ones, that's a lot more fun .
                Last edited by OldHunter; 04-26-2009, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I went to HD and they readjusted my purchase price (plus pack of 18gauge pneumatic nails) and credited me the $150 difference.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHunter View Post
                    The ad states the promo does not apply to prior purchases, but if you are within the 90 day return window, I would think they have to honor the deal. Guess you could always return them and buy new ones, that's a lot more fun .
                    the honored mine from april. First person I talked to said no, so I went back the next day and found someone else who did. Maybe they did it because I said I didn't want the money but instead wanted to buy a planer with it. Either way, heck of a deal.

Comment

Same here wrt the 90 day window. So now the 3660 I bought in December went like this:

Buy it on Dec 27 $549. I was happy at that price, a great saw.

Saw goes on clearance. Return and rebuy it in Feb for $399. I am very happy. 90 days gets reset

HD have the "Ultimate Power" deal. Return and rebuy it in May for $282. I am ecstatic! 90 days gets reset, but it isn't going back!

Of course I had to buy another $600 of tools, but I scraped together some returns (unused paint, cable etc) for $114 in store credit.

So I walked away with the 3660, DP1550 drill press, router combo and 6" sander for $726 + tax. As I had the TS refunded, and the $114 store credit, it cost me about $230 out of my pocket to get the DP, router combo and sander.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadster280 View Post
                        Same here wrt the 90 day window. So now the 3660 I bought in December went like this:

Buy it on Dec 27 $549. I was happy at that price, a great saw.

Saw goes on clearance. Return and rebuy it in Feb for $399. I am very happy. 90 days gets reset

HD have the "Ultimate Power" deal. Return and rebuy it in May for $282. I am ecstatic! 90 days gets reset, but it isn't going back!

Of course I had to buy another $600 of tools, but I scraped together some returns (unused paint, cable etc) for $114 in store credit.

So I walked away with the 3660, DP1550 drill press, router combo and 6" sander for $726 + tax. As I had the TS refunded, and the $114 store credit, it cost me about $230 out of my pocket to get the DP, router combo and sander.
                        Now that is a great gloat for sure. Enjoy.

Comment

You suck!

Comment

Doing one's homework is a very rewarding thing, it seems

Now a question - is this sale an annual event? The discounts seem better than Black Friday to me, so if it's going to be coming around again, I'll plan on the bandsaw, planer & jointer next year.

Comment

roadster...great follow up to maximize HD offers. just curious, though, the UPD savings for $399 is $75. 399-75= 324. how did you get to $282 for the 3650?
                              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
                              X