X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Cut Quality

By now everyone but me has one so I assume there's a lot of cutting going on. What should I expect from the R4511, what are people experiencing in terms of cut quality?

Re: R4511 Cut Quality

With almost any saw that you buy, including most other manufacturers, the quality of cut dramatically improves when you replace the stock blade. If you're happy with the quality of cut that the OEM blade gives you, you'll be beside yourself after you change it out for a real saw blade. I don't own the 4511 so I can't speak to the quality of its OEM blade but historically Ridgid isn't know for providing the best of quality blades with their saws.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Almost all saws in this class and price range have the capability of delivering an excellent cut. The end performance is mostly determined by proper setup and blade choice, so if the cut's not really good, change something.

Comment

I replaced the Ridgid blade with a Forrest WW II and properly set all the alignments and the saw cuts perfectly!

Big G

Comment

Originally posted by Big G View Post
          I replaced the Ridgid blade with a Forrest WW II and properly set all the alignments and the saw cuts perfectly!

Big G
          Thanks for the feed back. How many teeth and what kerf is your Forrest? I've got a Freud Fusion 40 tooth with the .126 kerf that I'd like to run in it, at least for crosscuts and plywood.

Comment

That Freud Fusion blade is every bit as good as the Forrest variety. As far as the kerf is concerned, the 4511 should have no trouble spinning the full kerf Fusion when using it for crosscuts and ply.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by frank2007 View Post
              Thanks for the feed back. How many teeth and what kerf is your Forrest? I've got a Freud Fusion 40 tooth with the .126 kerf that I'd like to run in it, at least for crosscuts and plywood.
              My Forrest is 40 tooth and full kerf. No problem powering through hardwood with cross-cuts or ripping.

Big G

Comment

Working...
              X