Dust Collection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dust Collection

Neec some advice again folks. I know, you think I really dont know anything about woodworking because I ask so many questions, but I really do know a little bit. I just figure lots of you guys have been at this much longer than me and can help me prevent making some mistakes. I know its an after thought but I want to install a dust collection/air filtration system in my woodshop. Went down and bought a Ridgid Shop Vac, an $80 accessory kit that is supposed to make all my dust collection problems go away. Well, the Shop Vac, the accessory kit, and all the other extra fittings I bought is going back to Home Depot I think in the next day or so. They did not give me nearly enough fittings or pipe to set the system up, and Home Depot does not carry any of the extra fittings I need. Shame on them. What kind of system would you recommend and where is it available. Going online right now to search and see whats out here but truly would like some honest opinions from you fine folks. Thanks in advance....Murray
    Goldenwing

Just thought I would add a little more info. I want to connect a scrollsaw, oscillating sander, miter saw, and router, which all are in a row except the scroll saw...but it could be moved to make a straight run....I also have a table saw but it is on the other side of the room....the distance from where I would like to put the system is 24 feet to the last tool, not including the table saw across the 12 foot room....hope this info helps....Murray
    Goldenwing

Comment

I just spent a week doing the same research and decided on the Grizzly 2hp with .3 micron bag. They are throwing in a second stage setup right now for free.I beleive I paid around $329 which is the best deal out there when you compare specs.
      Seems well made and not to noisy. I built a 5x6 foot colset at the end of my new 24 foot shop and put it in there. I picked up a 1 micron hvac filter and framed it into the wall for the air to return into the shop. It requires 220v but only 12 amps. So I only used 12-2 to run the circuit. I drove to the grizzly store in pa you can check there website for a store near you or they will ship it to you for about 50 bucks.
      Barrell

Comment

Working...
      X