X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3660 with Bench Dog ProMAX Cast Router Table Extension

for sale. I walked into an incredible deal on a Grizzly G0651 that I couldn't turn down. There is nothing wrong with the saw, its a great one. It comes with the Bench Dog extension table on the left. I added the OEM left extension to the right side to increase my table surface. It is wired for 220 but I can change it back if need be.

The saw is about 8 months old. I have the original box, receipt that I paid cash for, paperwork, and warranty card that I never got around to filling out. The buyer can fill the warranty out himself.

The router table is about 4 months old. The Bench Dog router table comes with everything you see here:
    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21598

I will throw in all of the zero clearance inserts I made for it along with the original blade that has never been used and a Freud LU83R Thin Kerf Combination Blade all for the price of $550.

I am in the area of Fort Smith, Arkansas.
    Attached Files

Re: TS3660 with Bench Dog ProMAX Cast Router Table Extension

I was thinking of that router table, when I started reading this.
    But this is posted in the wrong area, that is why there is a classified section, for sales.

Not feasible for me, as I got a new 3660.

But it is a good deal for someone, as the saw and extension, plus 2 blades, (presumed original miter gauge), and some ZCI's. is not bad

EDIT:: (have a mod switch this to the great tool deal section), you will likely get more bites on it there (or Craigslist, would even be better)
    Last edited by BCR; 04-26-2009, 06:06 PM.

Comment

...that is why there is a classified section, for sales. ...
      Really? This is news to me. It has been discussed here many times, and each time it has not had enough momentum to carry through.

Or did you mean to say this is why we should have a classified section?
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        I'm guessing that he was referring to the classified ads section in the OP's local newspaper.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

good idea, though, mounting the extension replaced by the router table onto the existing extension table on the right side of the saw. makes for a nice, long surface.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't think the great deal forum was a place for this. Feel free to move it where it belongs.

However, the saw does come with the miter gauge and everything else it came with. I think this is a good price. I'm just wanting to pass along the savings to someone else considering I paid around $900 for it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
              Really? This is news to me. It has been discussed here many times, and each time it has not had enough momentum to carry through.

No, I meant the great tool deals section.
              Is that not the VERY definition of this sale? (a great tool deal)
              Which obviously carries over as a classified section for personal "great tool deals"

Although I agree with what you are saying, and yes I get what you are saying.
              There should be 2 seperate sections, one for store deals, and one for personal deals.
              But then you could also add a section of wanted area as well, so people can comb through the correct section.
              However, as you can see, it all falls into the same area, not woodworking discussions, but rather sales area.

Granted I must admit, I am guilty of doing this also (not of starting a thread in the wood discussion area, but dropping hints when people are speaking about a specific item (that I have for sale).
              Usually I try to have more class than that, but sometimes it just does not come through that way.
              So I tend to delete what I wrote, and post a sale in a more politically correct area (an area where people go to look EXACTLY for buying items, hence great tool deals (meaning classified, although a generalized section for sales)

Anyhow, sorry for any confusion, and a bump for a good deal.
              Hope you sell it, in these bad times, people are much likely to buy used.

Comment

I have been toying around with the idea of mounting a Router to my Table Saw. This is the best I have seen so far. If I install a Bench Dog extension on the left side, how would I attach the two OEM wings to each other?

Comment

Originally posted by cisco1138 View Post
                  I have been toying around with the idea of mounting a Router to my Table Saw. This is the best I have seen so far. If I install a Bench Dog extension on the left side, how would I attach the two OEM wings to each other?
                  I drilled out four bolt holes in both table extensions to get them to bolt together that way and used some grade 5 bolts to connect them. I oversized the holes so I had room to adjust the table on the outside extension. I also locked the outside extension to the rail like the inside one.

The table is very sturdy and the extra weight seemed to help with vibration also. I can take a nickel and penny and stand them up and start and shut the saw off without them falling.

Comment

The saw sold today. Thanks again for everyone who had an interest in the saw. It was nice to deal with someone who realized they were getting a good deal and didn't even think about chewing me down. Thanks again Dennis, I know you will enjoy the saw.

Comment

Originally posted by caleb View Post
                      think about chewing me down.
                      Who "chewed you down",
                      Not sure what you are reading, but I don't see anyone say a negative remark?

Meh, to each their own.

Uhm, glad it sold????

Comment

dude.....ignoring the political correctness factor.....what he meant was they didn't "jew" him down.....as in try to get the saw for a cheaper price?

Comment

I was banned from a forum, for stating exactly what you said, in the same way you said it.
                          And I am Jewish (or rather, from a Jewish background).

It is only human nature to ask for an even better deal, heck just the premise of buying used, is clearly "looking for a deal".
                          So, I am sorry, but I see nothing wrong with seeing if you can get it lower priced.

(maybe that is just me)

EDIT:being disabled, I AM always looking for a better deal, I live on 700 on month, and my rent is near 600.)
                          So even stating that "I was not -ewed down, clearly could be offensive, to some.. (add the ch)

Either way, glad you sold it. And that nobody chewed you down.
                          (wow, I feel bad, I do that all the time)(take me outside to the firing squad)

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                          dude.....ignoring the political correctness factor.....what he meant was they didn't "jew" him down.....as in try to get the saw for a cheaper price?
                          Last edited by BCR; 04-27-2009, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I'm not endorsing the use of the term, just clarifying.

Comment

Originally posted by BCR View Post
                              Who "chewed you down",
                              Not sure what you are reading, but I don't see anyone say a negative remark?

Meh, to each their own.

Uhm, glad it sold????
                              Are you like this to everyone or just me?

To "chew you down" doesn't have anything to do with being Jewish, Black, Asian, White, Hispanic or any other background. It is someone who works you over on the price until he breaks you down. He will find the slightest thing wrong with something and concentrate on that regardless of what the whole picture is and break you down until he gets the price down, even if it's 5 dollars.

I DO NOT like people like that. I have also found that people that like to haggle over the price of other people's items are the same ones that get belligerent when someone tries to chew them down on their stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X