X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any guesses on the value of a TS2400?

I've got a TS2400 that's about 4-5 years old. Still in excellent shape. It came with the original dolly-tpye base, and has served me very well. However, I'd like to sell it and purchase the r4511, since I no longer need the portable functionality of the 2400.

What would you recommend that I offer it for if I put it up on Craigs list or in the local paper? I'd like to sell it quickly enough to get in on the Ultimate Power Deal discount, so that means it'd have to move within the next week or so.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    De Colores,
    Dow
    Boerne, TX

Re: Any guesses on the value of a TS2400?

Pretty much the rule of thumb is 50% of what you paid for it is a good starting point. I know that bites but if you want to sell it quick you may even have to go lower than that.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I agree with Dave. That probably puts it in the $200-$225 range.

Comment

Thanks, Dave and hewood. That's what I was thinking. I'll discuss it with SWMBO and see what she has to say about it. Regardless of the saw in the shop, marrital bliss must be maintained. .
        De Colores,
        Dow
        Boerne, TX

Comment

I just noticed you were from Boerne.

A buddy and I caught about 15 bass out of your city lake on Friday.

Comment

Well, why didn't you stop by? I'd have helped you eat them.

I've never been fishing out there, but I'd think there'd be some good fishing there. I'll bet it's catching some water today, finally. It's been raining buckets in Kerrville, where I work.
            De Colores,
            Dow
            Boerne, TX

Comment

Raining here in San Antonio also.

If I didn't already have the same saw I'd be interested in it.

Comment

Thanks. Sent you a PM.
                De Colores,
                Dow
                Boerne, TX

Comment

can always just come up with a "reach" price and put it in CL.

I got 275 for my 2 yr old 2400. Considering I had bought it for 299, I didnt think it was a bad deal at all.........right place right time kinda thing, a local DIYer was installing windows and got tired of working on a portable saw without a stand. LOVED the 2400 for what he needed (as did I!)

I upgraded to a 3660. Now Im kinda trying to do the same thing again and upgrade to a 4511, but the CL market doesnt seem to be so hot around here for a 3660.

Comment

Man, I've got a GREAT wife! I talked with her this evening about it, and she said, "why don't you get that other saw, but keep the one you have for now. I'd hate for you to sell it and then wish that you had it back a month down the road."

And on top of that, I had a kayak on craig's list, and it sold today for what I was asking for it. That means that I'll have less than $100 out of pocket for the new saw BEFORE getting rid of the 2400.

Life is just TOO cool sometimes!
                    De Colores,
                    Dow
                    Boerne, TX

Comment

That is awesome.

I couldn't pass up the 3660 when it was clearanced, but I wouldn't have wanted to give up my 2400 to do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X