X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumbling into a deal!

I've been away from woodworking for about 10 years and have been looking to set up another shop. A local pawn shop has a small utility trailer sitting out front that I have been keeping my eye on, waiting for it to be sold. I drive a Wrangler so I need something to haul panel goods and long stock on and it would fill the bill. I stopped yesterday morning to see if it was available yet and when I walked into the shop, there were a TS 3650, a JP0610 Jointer, and a DP1550 Drill Press, that had just been put on the floor. All were in good to excellent shape, a little surface rust on the saw table and on the column of the DP, nothing that can't be handled in a few minutes. Jointer blades were in decent shape, a nick on one close to the inner edge but the outer 5" had a great edge, so it will work. I bought all three for $750 including Texas tax. Now, I still have to buy a drun trailer so I can get them home. Funny thing is after stopping to check on the trailer, I was on my way to Lowe's to purchase a Hitachi CF10.

I've got a whole house to fill with cabinets and built ins, so I'll be looking to you guys to fill in the spaces that time has eroded. I'm looking forward to getting my skills refreshed.

Re: Stumbling into a deal!

Congrats on the deal! I hope you get that trailer soon.

The first thing you can practice on is making some ZCI's (zero clearance insert) for the TS. It helps if you have a jig saw or a router, and a sander.

I know you'll get lots of use and enjoyment out of the tools. I hope you start posting some pics of your projects.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I picked up a trailer today and they are home, think I'll wait until tomorrow to unload them. When you live in the middle of nowhere, you don't have to worry about stuff walking off.

Where's Berryville, we just moved here from the Tidewater area. We are coming back in June, to finish cleaning out the house in Norfolk, and get it on the market. Not to offend but happiness is Virginia in the rear view mirror. We'll never be so glad when that house is sold and we don't have to come back. My Lady is a born and bred Virginian and after living in Texas for a year, she hates Virginia too.

Comment

Berryville is up in the Northwest corner, near Winchester. We're in the Shenandoah Valley. We're far enough from Richmond and far enough from DC to be a nice little town. I sometimes agree about the "Commonwealth", but I think I've found my home here in our little haven of Berryville.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
        X