X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plunge saw like a Festool or Dewalt or Makita

What are opinions of using a plunge track saw vs a table saw. Looks like a lighter perhaps more versital option and would save a lot of space. What do people think?

Re: Plunge saw like a Festool or Dewalt or Makita

To me a plunge track saw (or any circular saw) is at its best when cutting down larger sheet goods that are difficult to cut on a table saw. For fine woodwork, a table saw will get you a more versatile and accurate cuts, although the newer festool and dwalt saws are suppose to be really good. If money was not object I would get both. If money is in lesser supply (Or the wife thinks it is) than I would want a good table saw over a plunge track saw. I would then augment it with a cheaper circular saw and clamping fence. Also a lot would depend on what you plan to build and what other tools you have. A track saw will not do dados, but if you have good router table, you might not care. It would be difficult to cut a mortise with a track saw, but you can make them on a router table, or use other types of joints in their plac..

Comment

Working...
    X