X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need belts for the DP15501 Drill Press

I just ordered a couple of replacement poly-v belts for my new Ridgid Drill Press. These are probably the same import belts as those that come with the drill press. I would rather have a quality domestic replacement belt if I could find one. Does anyone know of anyone who sells a quality poly-v (serpentine) belt for this machine? I cannot seem to find a vendor who sells belts like this.
    There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Re: Need belts for the DP15501 Drill Press

Did you try a local auto parts store? I always find belts there.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I don't know if they'll have what you want but if you have a manufacturer's name and model number I'd try Amazon if you can't find one locally.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Besides serious auto parts stores, try looking in your Yellow Pages under Bearings and Power Transmission Products. Be sure to take the belts you have so they can properly match them.

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. I just find it odd that this important and critical part is not more readily available, at least not in woodworking circles. It may be that Home Depot carries them; I know that Ridgid parts and ereplacementparts.com has the original, imported Ridgid belt

I did find a company, www.drillspot.com that carries Bando serpentine (poly-v) in all sizes. This looks like a quality belt, and appears that it will fit the Ridgid drill press. I am going to order a couple of them, 25" and 27", and see how they work. I will get back and let everyone know.
          There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Comment

I took the (horrible stock!!) belt from my Delta bandsaw to my local CarQuest. They have a tool that allows them to measure the length and width of the belt. All of their "fractional horsepower" belts are listed by length and width, so it was just a matter of matching one up.

Good belts at a good price, and no waiting for shipping or guessing on sizes.

Comment

What is wrong with the stock belts? I have had mine for over two years and they still run just as smooth as they did new with no vibration.

Comment

Working...
              X