Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAAHHHGGGHHH! 4511 with wrong bags in it

Never mind, I was mistaken.

I picked up my 4511 today, and after getting everything unpacked and moved into the shop, I discover that I have two bag E's, and no bag B. I'm going to call Ridgid tomorrow, but in the mean time, can somebody give me a rundown on what's in Bag B? Maybe I can round something up. My local HD only had the display model and one in the box, so I can't go back and have them rob one from another saw.

Also, if anybody needs Bag E, then let me know, I've got a spare one.

Thanks.
    Last edited by dow; 04-30-2009, 08:53 AM.
    De Colores,
    Dow
    Boerne, TX

Re: AAAHHHGGGHHH! 4511 with wrong bags in it

Why can't they rob from the one in the box?

Comment

Originally posted by Smack View Post
      exactly... tell them to help load a new one on your truck because the one they sold you is missing crap and you want to return it.
      that being said i have bought stuff before and there was a notice inside the box stating not to go back to the store if anything is missing and to just contact the manufacture itself. i did not see a notice in any rigid tool i have bought before.

try telling them you will be forced to return it. i dont know what the turn around time at rigid is for the bag of parts.

Comment

Check the forum. I think someone else had 2 of the C bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Smack View Post
          Umm... Because I bought the one in the box. They only had two to start with.

Originally posted by tchads
          Check the forum. I think someone else had 2 of the C bags.
          I've got the C bag. What I need is the B bag (unless that's the one with the wrenches in it. I've got that one). Here's what I got:
          • Two Different bag A's (one with the yellow safety button and one with some other stuff)
          • Bag C
          • Bag D
          • Bag E twice
          • Bag of wrenches
          Last edited by dow; 04-30-2009, 08:28 AM.
          De Colores,
          Dow
          Boerne, TX

Comment

Hi dow,

There is no bag of small parts for Figure B. There should be two different bags labeled for Figure A, one bag for Figure C, one for Figure D, and one for Figure E. In addition, there is an unlabeled bag containing the "U" bolt and 4 hex flange nuts that is used in assembling Figure E.

Figure B is of the trunnion and motor assemblies and these come pre-assembled.

Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DaveWoodWork View Post
              Hi dow,

There is no bag of small parts for Figure B. There should be two different bags labeled for Figure A, one bag for Figure C, one for Figure D, and one for Figure E. In addition, there is an unlabeled bag containing the "U" bolt and 4 hex flange nuts that is used in assembling Figure E.

Figure B is of the trunnion and motor assemblies and these come pre-assembled.

Dave
              Well then, never mind

Thanks a bunch Dave. I wondered about that, but it was getting late, and my mind was turning to mush. I saw that Fig. B was of the trunion and motor assemblies, but there as a gob of bolts in the picture, and well... DOH!

By the way, I've still got that extra Bag E if anyone needs it.
              Last edited by dow; 04-30-2009, 08:56 AM.
              De Colores,
              Dow
              Boerne, TX

Comment

So DOW you got my "E" bag!!!! Ridgid said they would send me one out{3 to 5 days} so if I don't get it in another day I'll get back with you. It really slowed the process down, its for the herc-u-lift.

Comment

Sounds good. Let me know.
                  De Colores,
                  Dow
                  Boerne, TX

Comment

Those D-bags!

Comment

I'm the one with two C bags, still missing my D bag if anyone has an extra.

Comment

I also didn't have a bag B. Called the support number on Sunday, and what they are sending is the blade wrenches and the hex keys. Apparently even the techs don't have a listing of the contents of each bag either. The young woman I spoke with told me they are redoing the instruction/assembly sheets for the next batch of saws they put out, so hopefully soon other people will have a better idea of what to do....They should read this forum, as the instructions you guys have posted have been excellent!

Comment

JDenny, That is bag B. Everything else in diagram B is already put together (trunions, motor mount cabinet, etc.). I got mine together this evening about 8:45 or so. I haven't cut anything, but it powers up and runs WAAAAY quieter than mu 2400 does. Tomorrow evening, I'll pull my good blade out of the 2400 and put it in the 4511, and I should be good to go.

Thanks for all the help and advice guys! I've still got some questions, but I'll ask them in a separate thread.
                          De Colores,
                          Dow
                          Boerne, TX

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Thats all I could figure, and the tech support folks knew less than me , so I was hoping that was it. Still haven't seen the package from Ridgid, but I've been traveling this week, so it could be at home.

Thanks again.

Comment

I purchased a 4511 and just unpacked everything.

I have bags that say "For Figure A", "For Figure B", and so on --- however my manual has no letter-based figures that I can see. It's all numbers. Figure 1 through Figure 60-something.

Do I have a parts/manual mismatch here or am I seriously going to have to go through each bag specs list to identify every part?

Wow, this looks like a challenging build.

Comment

Working...
                              X