X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 3650 Arbor and Warranty

c.c david.farr@emrsn.com; charles.peters@emrsn.com <charles.peters@emrsn.com>

Dear Fine Woodworking, John White:

Today, after following your instructions, I contacted Ridgid Tools concerning the defective arbor assembly being shipped on subject tool.

I was informed of the following:

1. 5-6 week lead time
    2. If you change the assembly yourself the 3 yr. warranty is void.

As a former product manager I understand their exposure, but expecting the customer to bring a 300 lb. saw to their service center is unreasonable.

Ridgid/Emerson, should provide on-site service for this issue. I understand there are still saws with this issue being sold. I would have ordered a "stop ship".

Please use your influence with this company to provide a more reasonable solution, and save the impression of a fine tool and its manufacturer. I want my warranty.

Thank you,

Big... I really DO hope your note prompts some action somewhere. I went in and talked to the store manager (and 2 other people) at Home Depot today and they acted like this was the first they'd heard anything about this problem. Maybe it was, but it sure *shouldn't* have been!!

Did you see something in Fine Woodworking regarding this problem?
    ~~Spunky-Monkey~~ <br /> [i]...just monkeyin\' around with wood.[-i]

Comment

Latest issue of Finewoodworking has a blurb from J White and an 800 number to call for a replacement arbor. But as stated if you change it yourself you void your warranty.

Comment

Iv'e heard differing versions of the warranty story. I heard that if you damaged other components of the saw during the repair you'd void you warranty, which makes more sense.

Comment

It is clear that with some models of stack and safety dado blade sets that there can be clearance and alignment issues when used in conjunction with the RIDGID® Model TS3650 table saw. We apologize for any confusion or performance issues that they may have created for those of you who have experienced a problem of this nature. This problem does not occur with all dado blade sets so as a result RIDGID would like to provide you with this means of assistance should you have a concern with your TS3650 arbor and the use of specialty blades like dado sets.

PLEASE CALL RIDGID TECHNICAL SERVICE AT 1-(866)-427-8177.

Our experienced technical support staff will quickly be able to diagnose any potential issues you may have with your TS3650 arbor. If you do have a problem, we will stand behind you and do what we can to supply you with a remedy so that you have the optimum performance, productivity, and enjoyment out of your RIDGID TS3650.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandMan:
            It is clear that with some models of stack and safety dado blade sets that there can be clearance and alignment issues when used in conjunction with the RIDGID® Model TS3650 table saw..............This problem does not occur with all dado blade sets........
            Who makes the dado sets that don't have a problem with the 3650's arbor? If there are quality sets available that will work with the Ridgid saw as it is, I'll bet many would choose to buy one of these set in lieu of disassembling their 3650, hauling it to a service center for arbor replacement and then reassembling the TS.

If there are dado sets out there that will work with this saw, let your customers know which brand and model numbers they are. Telling us that the recent problems surrounding the 3650's arbor when used with a dado set "does not occur with all dado blade sets" rings hollow unless you give us specific examples of the sets where the problem does not occur.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
            X