X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4511 Help!!!

I boght the saw and got it together and then the trunion jumped out of the track/channel. Any suggestions on how to fix please reference photo.
    Attached Files

Re: R4511 Help!!!

Wow. I guess you will have to remove the motor first and realign the trunnion in its track and place the motor back in. That should do it.

Comment

got a small jack?

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Interesting picture. I didn't think the trunnion could come out of its bracket like that. There probably is some play in the mounting holes for the front and rear trunnion brackets. Yours was probably set for maximum separation of the trunnion brackets. I'm not sure if you'll have to take your table top off to loosen all four bracket attachment bolts. Then lift your trunnion back into the bracket slot and move both brackets centrally toward each other to minimize the distance between them. If it was me, I'd probably call Ridgid to find out what they recommend and if they've seen this problem before.

Good luck and please let us know what happens.

Dave
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jeff_1ok View Post
          I boght the saw and got it together and then the trunion jumped out of the track/channel. Any suggestions on how to fix please reference photo.
          Should be relatively ok to fix if you remove the motor first. U don't need to remove the top off. Did it occur when you were trying to angle the blade to 45 degrees in order to place the motor belt? I can see how it could have happened at that time. It is very very easy to remove the motor. U just need to remove the nut from the rod holding the motor. I am referring to the rod that has the spring on the inner side. Just remove the nut on the outside end, the motor will come out. I just did that for my craftsman 22104 last week. It is the same motor assembly.
          Good luck. If it does not work out, then just get HD to pick up ur old saw and deliver a new one. U could always get them to do this.

Comment

Thanks to all for the advice. I am new to the forum and appreciate the help. I was able to get it back togeteher. There appears to be a "lot" of movement in the trunion brackets. I loosend up the rear bracket and used a 2X4 and some wood blocks to make a lever and lift it back in place. Did not have to take off the table. I have not checked the miter slot alignment yet and I am curious to see how far off it is after all of this. Thanks again to everyone who replied.

Comment

word of advise here. Do not run the saw untill you get this 100% sorted out.

Comment

Working...
              X