Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

    Im following the procedure in the manual, but it just doesnt seem to be working.

    Turn the bevel wheel until as far "straight up" as it will go. Loosen 90 degree stop bolt until its flush with table top, turn bevel wheel until its at 90, then tighten the stop screw.

    Once I tighten the stop screw then re-test, it always seems to go back to the original stop. Im sure it doesnt help to be using the included allen wrench, I need a t-handle to get some torque.

    Am I missing something?

    Same goes for the 45 degree stop (and I like how the manual refers to "check blade for square" while trying to adjust the *45 degree* stop)

    Thanks.

    -Chris

  • #2
    Re: R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

    to be honest - I never really rely on any 90 and 45 stops. I'll check angle everytime I change the bevel on the blade anyways, wether there's a stop or not. so It makes no difference how precise those stops are.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

      How about using the wixey / Beall angle guage and just stick it to the saw blade to get an accurate angle? U could calibrate it by sticking it on your metal clearance insert first.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

        I do as the two fellas posted above. Every time I touch the blade angle I check it with my digital angle gauge.

        Big G

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

          If you do use a Wixey bevel gauge, don't don't calibrate it from your metal blade insert. Just set it on your table top and zero it, then stick it to the blade and make your adjustment.Your insert is not what your wood is riding on when you make a cut.

          millman

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

            Originally posted by millman View Post
            If you do use a Wixey bevel gauge, don't don't calibrate it from your metal blade insert. Just set it on your table top and zero it, then stick it to the blade and make your adjustment.Your insert is not what your wood is riding on when you make a cut.

            millman
            Yep I was doing that to zero it out, then I was attaching it to the blade and trying to adjust the stops.

            Just using the digital gauge to adjust the blade is fine, except if your stops stop too "short" (i.e. once the trunion is at 90 degrees and cant go anymore, but your gauge reads 90.1), you dont want to tighten down the bevel wheel till it cant move anymore to get to the actual 90 degree reading).

            If, when at the 90 degree stop you were reading less than 90 degrees, sure you can just turn the wheel the other way. In my case, I could never make it to 90, so I wanted to adjust it out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

              I check every time myself with the digital gauge just to make sure.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

                so,,, the consensus appears to be, that the bevel stops are useless on the R4511, and that's o.k.? yikes

                I'm finding it hard to swallow all of these "nuances" as some are calling them.

                for some reason, I keep thinking $600 bucks is a lot of money.
                maybe that's the problem, and maybe the 450+ lb. is not so heavy.

                still trying to make it work.

                I will gladly delete all my posts, for a return pickup and, a delivery of a 4511 which has no problems.

                the date codes of cd0838 and cd0847 on the two 4511's I know of have confirmed and unacceptable problems. Ridgid tech said to bring it to an authorized service center. the only home depot around is near 30 miles away, and the 4511 they have has been opened, repacked, but is for sale.

                I know, just disassemble it, repackage it, lift it back into the truck, return it, and shut up.

                http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27450

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

                  They are not saying the stops are bad etc. Just that most folks don't rely on the stops for accurate work. This is not specifc to this saw.

                  If you have a motor that moves 5/16 as you turn the pulley...a smart monkey could derive a method to both determine if the culprit is a bent motor shaft or an eccentric pulley and to provide digital photo proof to Ridgid so they would replace the faulty component without returning the entire saw.

                  I am hoping that they come and get your saw and hand you $600 bucks that way you'll be happy and we won't continue to see you reviving old threads simply to make yourself a pulpit.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

                    Originally posted by tomapple View Post
                    They are not saying the stops are bad etc. Just that most folks don't rely on the stops for accurate work. This is not specifc to this saw.

                    If you have a motor that moves 5/16 as you turn the pulley...a smart monkey could derive a method to both determine if the culprit is a bent motor shaft or an eccentric pulley and to provide digital photo proof to Ridgid so they would replace the faulty component without returning the entire saw.

                    I am hoping that they come and get your saw and hand you $600 bucks that way you'll be happy and we won't continue to see you reviving old threads simply to make yourself a pulpit.
                    You Sir / Madam, are a smart monkey. So smart, you offer no solutions to the problems.

                    Only a smart monkey would ask me to "provide digital photo proof to Ridgid". Silly monkey, who do you work for? Ridgid support has not asked for such proof, maybe you should fire them.

                    "reviving old threads"??? This is yet another new Ridgid purchase, I am a new member here.

                    Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil. Monkey see, monkey do, or so you hope. Lets all fix a new purchase, hee hee hee. I was willing to make any adjustments.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

                      Oh well, I'm done. No sport in replying to the mentally challenged...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: R4511 90 and 45 degree stop adjustment....

                        Originally posted by tomapple View Post
                        Oh well, I'm done. No sport in replying to the mentally challenged...
                        Dude, your looking more and more like a horses ***. An eye for an eye, you've poked mine twice now. Don't dish it if you can't take it, hello???

                        Looking for answers, not insults.

                        Bash me not. Good day.

                        Anywho, I posted this http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...778#post245778 prior to finding this thread. Maybe you could help??
                        Last edited by woodruf; 08-11-2009, 09:05 PM. Reason: forgot something

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X