X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wixey Digital Fence Gauge

A while back I got a Wixey digital fence gauge but it would not work on my old saw. I now have a 4511 and the Wixey paperwork says it fits Ridgid saws but the photo on the website shows a metal topped saw. Has anyone installed a Wixey on a granite topped saw? I realize the gauge is not dependent on table top material but I am not sure if the latest saw has the same fence and rail configuration. Thanks in advance.

Re: Wixey Digital Fence Gauge

When the digital fence gauge came out the 4511 did not exist.
    If you email Dave I am sure he can help you by guiding you on which installation steps to follow for this new saw. The 4511 fence system is very similar to others on the market, look through and see which matches it best and adapt as necessary.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Not trying to bring back a dead thread, but were you able to install the Wixey on your 4511?

Im redoing the rails for my fence (all one piece, longer, etc), and debating stick-on tapes or just spending the extra $$$ and getting the Wixey instead (because the Wixey can be recalibrated for fence faces, etc)

Comment

With the ever changing priorities in my shop, I have not installed it yet however all my research seems to point towards an easy installation.

Comment

Originally posted by Glennbear View Post
          With the ever changing priorities in my shop, I have not installed it yet however all my research seems to point towards an easy installation.
          Isnt that always how it works?

Debating just getting the sticky tapes for the new fence rails or spending the extra $$$ on the Wixey. Would be nice to be able to change calibration based on fence faces, etc. Also helpful when I add a router extension, can calibrate the Wixey to the router bit position too.

I think Im convincing myself

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post

I think Im convincing myself
            chrisexv6, you might want to check out the Swap & Sell forum over at WoodNet. I think I saw a couple of these for sale over there earlier this AM. I didn't open either of the threads so I have no idea if they're a good deal or not.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
              chrisexv6, you might want to check out the Swap & Sell forum over at WoodNet. I think I saw a couple of these for sale over there earlier this AM. I didn't open either of the threads so I have no idea if they're a good deal or not.
              I believe that one of the posts said that he had two of them. I think he wanted $70 each.

Ah. Here it is.
              De Colores,
              Dow
              Boerne, TX

Comment

Originally posted by dow View Post
                I believe that one of the posts said that he had two of them. I think he wanted $70 each.

Ah. Here it is.
                I was on there all morning after missing a previous one, and the time I drive home from work LumberYard puts 2 up there.

Ugh, might have missed it again.

-Chris

Comment

Yeah, timing is everything, it seems. You might look around on the bay.
                  De Colores,
                  Dow
                  Boerne, TX

Comment

Originally posted by dow View Post
                    Yeah, timing is everything, it seems. You might look around on the bay.
                    Actually got one from LumberYard

Found them on the bay for 30.00 more, but prefer to do business with forum-sellers (plus ive had great luck with Earl [LumberYard])

Comment

Working...
                    X