portable table saws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• portable table saws

looking at purchasing a new job site saw. Comparing Ridgid Vs. Bosch. Anyone with experience or ownership care to respond?

Re: portable table saws

I can't speak about the bosch, but the Ridgid 2400 is a great saw. The table extends so that you can rip over 24 inches (not quite 25, I think), and the stand is a great design as well. Very stable, and the whole thing folds down into a dolly that you can roll around with ease. The fence has t-slots built in sot that you attach stuff to it (although I never did, it was nice to know that it was there). I've had zero complaints with mine, and I've had it since shortly after they came out.

If I had any complaints, it would be that the table wasn't quite big enough. However, I think that the Ridgid probably has the largest table out there in the portables.

With that said, it's going up for sale this week. I just purchased the 4511, and I don't need two table saws.

Like I said, I don't know about the Bosch, but I think that you could do a whole lot worse than the Ridgid 2400 or 2410.
    De Colores,
    Dow
    Boerne, TX

Comment

Re: portable table saws

Have had the Bosch 4000 for years and had great luck with it. The stand is great for rolling around and setting up quick. And it does capacity for full sheet boards. I have the accessory supports, which I got with the saw in promotion. Power is good and so is the fence, locks solid.

They have a new one out, the 4100, with a new guarding system. Saw it in Tools of the Trade. It seems like it could be a lot easier to use. We try and keep tight rules on guards etc. Still have all 10.

I couldn't figure out how to give you a link to their video on their web site, but here is a link to the product page. Click the "video demo" link. Maybe it will help.

Web link: http://www.boschtools.com/Products/T...px?pid=4100-09

I'm considering an upgrade if my 4000 quites on me...don't know when that will be. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X