X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hairline cracks in granite

While putting the side panels on I must have tighted the bolts a little to much. I now have a hairline crack on both pieces.The cracks on each side are on the panel and not on the main table. Does anyone know if the cracks will get worse over time? I can live with them the way they are now and really don't want to try and return the 475 pound beast.

Re: hairline cracks in granite

sounds like you wouldn't have to take back the whole thing.

Just the wings.

I wouldn't want any cracks if I had it.

Comment

Originally posted by localpref View Post
      While putting the side panels on I must have tighted the bolts a little to much. I now have a hairline crack on both pieces.
      You broke it, why would you think that HD should take them back and give you new ones for free?
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        You broke it, why would you think that HD should take them back and give you new ones for free?

Hmm well because I bought a product from their store followed the assembly directions and it broke during assembly. I Only used a hand wrench to tighten. Quote from the manual "once level, securely tighten the hex nuts on the threaded stud."

Comment

Originally posted by localpref View Post
          I Only used a hand wrench to tighten. Quote from the manual "once level, securely tighten the hex nuts on the threaded stud."
          I think you will have no problem getting two new wings. Sounds like you probably went a little too far tightening them. Update us when you check into this. Thanks.

Red
          Red

Comment

As a rule of thumb Granit dosnt just almost crack. if its cracked its cracked all the way through and the bolts or the clamping pressure is whats keeping the pieces in place. as you use what im assumeing is a table saw the vibration may and probbly will work this "crack" even more so umm living with it is probably not an opption

Comment

Took just the wings back to home depot. They opened the one they had in the store and traded out the parts with no issues.

Comment

Working...
              X