TS2410 dust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2410 dust

I just connected a dry-wet vac to my new portable saw, and although it sucks up most of the debris, there's still a small amount flying about and settling on the shop floor.

Looking underneath, I see that the bottom half of the blade area is covered by a plastic piece with a connection to the vac hose. It seems to me that if there were a top half that covered the rest of the blade area, most if not all the escaping dust could be drawn out by the vac.

Otherwise, how do you deal with collecting wayward dust particles?

Thanks, greg

Re: TS2410 dust

Having had a 2400 for several years, I'd recommend a broom. Seriously, it's pretty much impossible to get the whole shooting match sucked up. One thing that I did that helped a bunch was to build one of these. It won't help that much with the part that misses the vacuum intake on the saw, but it will help immensely with keeping your shop vac from getting clogged up. With this separator thingy, almost all of the saw dust gets left in the can.

Oh, and you'll still need the broom .

Enjoy that saw. It's a good one.
    De Colores,
    Dow
    Boerne, TX

Comment

Originally posted by dow View Post
      Having had a 2400 for several years, I'd recommend a broom. Seriously, it's pretty much impossible to get the whole shooting match sucked up. One thing that I did that helped a bunch was to build one of these. It won't help that much with the part that misses the vacuum intake on the saw, but it will help immensely with keeping your shop vac from getting clogged up. With this separator thingy, almost all of the saw dust gets left in the can.

Oh, and you'll still need the broom .

Enjoy that saw. It's a good one.
      Thanks, Phil
      I have broom in hand, and after reading though your plans for a separator lid, I'll be using that too before long.

Again thanks for the encouragement. It is a fine saw.

Comment

Originally posted by gregjmarquez View Post
        Thanks, Phil
        I have broom in hand, and after reading though your plans for a separator lid, I'll be using that too before long.

Again thanks for the encouragement. It is a fine saw.

You're welcome Greg, but they aren't my plans. You'll have to thank Phil for that.

Good luck,

Dow
        Last edited by dow; 05-09-2009, 02:47 PM.
        De Colores,
        Dow
        Boerne, TX

Comment

Working...
        X