X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats next after 4511

You all know pretty much what is going on at Rigid. I was wondering if after the newness has worn off the 4511, is Rigid going to come out with another cast iron topped table saw?
    For some reason I just can't get enthused about a table saw that has a rock for a top. All of the threads I've read sound like it is a little to fragile for me. You slide a piece of wood across it, it scratches, Tighten a bolt a little too tight, it cracks, ding it, it breaks, slide the miter on it, it scratches. About the only good thing is that it doesn't rust, but it does sweat on occasion.

Re: Whats next after 4511

I'm happy with mine. I haven't cracked it. It does have scratches but I expected that and they by no means affect the performance.

Comment

Personally, I'd like to see Ridgid come out with a true 3HP cabinet saw. The hybrids are nice but everyone offers one. A competitively priced quality built cabinet saw would be a definite feather in the cap of their product line.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

No granite top for me, I will stick with modifying my 3650 dust collection until something better comes along.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Personally, I'd like to see Ridgid come out with a true 3HP cabinet saw. The hybrids are nice but everyone offers one. A competitively priced quality built cabinet saw would be a definite feather in the cap of their product line.

Something that rivals this Dave?

http://www.deltaportercable.com/unis...e/brochure.pdf

For those with the 3650 or 3660, take a look on page 7 at the bi-level dust extraction setup. With the shroud that exists on the 3650 and the rear 4" dust port I have installed on my 3650, I think I can make something very similar by adding a short piece of 2.5" hose from the outlet on the shroud and run it to the 4" hose connection at the back of me saw. This would increase the vacuum in the shroud and capture even more dust. I might play around with this idea this weekend and see it it will improve dust collection or not. I'll let you know.

Update: I put a piece of 2.5" hose about 20" long on and ran it out to theinside of the 4" hose connection. I then ripped a scrap piece of 2x4 I had handy that was 18" long. I made 10 rips just to generate some sawdust and see how the MOD would work. I see improvement but too early to tell if it will be that much better than the previous setup I had. I will add some photos and comments to the 3650 Assembly Tips thread instead of stealing any more time in this one.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 05-09-2009, 02:02 PM.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            Do ya think Ridgid could bring something like that in for say $1100. That is one sweet cabinet saw, no?
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

What is the point though? They are letting steel city make their Table saws anywayz. So, it is not like they are making anything new.

I believe they are done making table saws and just rebrand others.

I like my orange 4511.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                Do ya think Ridgid could bring something like that in for say $1100. That is one sweet cabinet saw, no?
                Yes, it is a very nice saw. And some day I hope to get one but it's a way off. Kids in college and other priorities redirect any toy money I might have as of late. And I need to a new set of shoes for my truck.

Ben, ya got four 16.5 x 37" x 12.50 Goodyear MT Wranglers laying around?
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

J.C.

Comment

My bet is on a 3670.
                    "non illegitimis carborundum"

Comment