Blade for my R4511

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade for my R4511

So I finally have the R4511 together and I an now looking for a nice blade that will handle most general tasks. Most of the stock I am cutting is maple, cherry, and walnut. I am looking at the Ridge Carbide TS2000 and the Forrest Woodworker II as my top 2 choices. However I was wondering should I go full or thin kerf? I have the saw on a 20amp circuit out in my converted garage "shop" , its on 110 power not 220. Most stock that I am cutting is no thinker than 6/4 , thats about as think as I am working with. I know a full kerf blade may be more stable and deflect less, but I have been reading allot lately about using thin kerf blades on saw with less power than 3hp. I was hoping other R4511 or TS3650 owners might have some comments on this. thanks

Re: Blade for my R4511

My Forrest WWII full kerf does an excellant job on my 4511 as it also did with my old TS2400. However, like yourself, I have also been reading about the advantages (and disadvantages) of thin kerf blades on saws with less than 3 HP. However, if I ever try a thin kerf I will stay with Forrest. It tool a lot of wasted money on other blades to learn my lesson!

Big G

Comment

I'm running the same blade as Big G and have no problems. Saw pulls more at the start than any other time.

Comment

The thin kerf is easier on your motor, and will be most noticeable in thick material, though your saw will spin a full kerf without issue in most circumstances. A blade the caliber of a TS2000 or WWII should not pose any issues with the TK, so it makes sense IMO. Holbren has the TS2000 for ~ $80 shipped with "woodnet10", "SMC10", or "BT310" codes if you're a member of any of those forums. It's every bit the equal of the WWII, and has thicker carbide.

Others worthy of consideration - Infinity Combomax Lite (010-150), WWII 30T TK, Infinity 010-060, Freud LU88R010, Freud LU83R010. A 24T dedicated rip blade in addition to your main blade, or possibly the 30T WWII as your main blade is a good idea if you rip a lot of thick heavy stock. The 30T WWII is an excellent complimenting blade to something like the Infinity 010-060 or Freud LU88 60T blades.
        Last edited by hewood; 05-12-2009, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X