My MS1290 Miter Saw Stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MS1290 Miter Saw Stand

Thought some people might like to see this. I originally made it for a Craftsman 12" fixed miter but I didn't expect it to die after 6 years. The Ridgid MS1290 Miter Saw was the only one that fit in the original footprint but after mounting it realized the extra 20 degrees of table swing (65-degrees v. 45) made so I had to widen the top and building wing boxes so the in/out feeds could be mounted again. It also had a back and partial sides with dust control built in but that had to go due to the sliding action. Anyway, the feed tables collapse for when I need more room (single car garage from 1952), locking casters. It holds almost all my handheld power tools, but I keep buying more
    Attached Files

Re: My MS1290 Miter Saw Stand

Nice.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thanks Dave

Comment

Nice setup, Smack! Very well done. I like how you even have your framing square handy.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

This is very nice..Thank you
          rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Thanks Peerawit. The tough part was figuring out how to support the in/out feed table wings. I tried finding some metal supports that would hold them but couldn't find any that would work. So I took thick dowels (1.25" I think) and on one end attached a plywood rectangular plate with the dowel fed through drilled a hole at the right angle. Then made a plate with a cutout the same size and attached it to the underside of the wing. The other end of the dowel is cut at an angle and fits into a plate attached to the side that also has a drilled out angled hole. With a slight uplift of the wing the dowel comes, the wing folds flat and the plate on the side fits into the cutout plate on the wing.

Comment

Working...
            X