X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oversized Arbor Washers/Flanges

I've heard that larger arbor washers/flanges can provide more stability to the table saw blade. Makes sense. Anyone know where I can purchase oversized arbor washers/flanges? I've tried googling it, but come up short. I think I have seen this on one of those home shows.

Re: Oversized Arbor Washers/Flanges

Do a search for "saw blade stabilizer"

Comment

Keep in mind that many also say that blade stabilizers are a waste of money, an opinion I also share. The proper blade for the job at hand, correct blade height setting and feed rate technique play a large part in achieving good results. Another reason not to use a blade stabilizer is that you will decrease the thickness of wood you can rip or crosscut by whatever the increased diameter of the stabilizer is over the standard washer.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I also have read a couple of negative comments regarding the stablizers. However, I really like mine. While purchasing another Forrest blade at a wood show I asked the Forrest guy about them. He simply replied 'do you like to sand your rip cuts?'. My response was a big NO and he handed my the stablizer. My rip cuts now look a jointed edge. The Forrest is about 25 bucks.

Big G

Comment

What Dave said and don't over-tighten the arbor nut, this can distort the blade and cause vibration problems or wobble.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Big G View Post
            I also have read a couple of negative comments regarding the stablizers. However, I really like mine. While purchasing another Forrest blade at a wood show I asked the Forrest guy about them. He simply replied 'do you like to sand your rip cuts?'. My response was a big NO and he handed my the stablizer. My rip cuts now look a jointed edge. The Forrest is about 25 bucks.

Big G
            With all due respect to the Forest salesman at the show, remember the Law of the Barbershop: You don't ask the barber if you need a haircut. The answer will always be "yes."

Comment

Working...
            X