Oversized Arbor Washers/Flanges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oversized Arbor Washers/Flanges

I've heard that larger arbor washers/flanges can provide more stability to the table saw blade. Makes sense. Anyone know where I can purchase oversized arbor washers/flanges? I've tried googling it, but come up short. I think I have seen this on one of those home shows.

Re: Oversized Arbor Washers/Flanges

Do a search for "saw blade stabilizer"

Comment

Keep in mind that many also say that blade stabilizers are a waste of money, an opinion I also share. The proper blade for the job at hand, correct blade height setting and feed rate technique play a large part in achieving good results. Another reason not to use a blade stabilizer is that you will decrease the thickness of wood you can rip or crosscut by whatever the increased diameter of the stabilizer is over the standard washer.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

I also have read a couple of negative comments regarding the stablizers. However, I really like mine. While purchasing another Forrest blade at a wood show I asked the Forrest guy about them. He simply replied 'do you like to sand your rip cuts?'. My response was a big NO and he handed my the stablizer. My rip cuts now look a jointed edge. The Forrest is about 25 bucks.

Big G

Comment

What Dave said and don't over-tighten the arbor nut, this can distort the blade and cause vibration problems or wobble.
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Big G View Post
            I also have read a couple of negative comments regarding the stablizers. However, I really like mine. While purchasing another Forrest blade at a wood show I asked the Forrest guy about them. He simply replied 'do you like to sand your rip cuts?'. My response was a big NO and he handed my the stablizer. My rip cuts now look a jointed edge. The Forrest is about 25 bucks.

Big G
            With all due respect to the Forest salesman at the show, remember the Law of the Barbershop: You don't ask the barber if you need a haircut. The answer will always be "yes."

Comment

Working...
            X