Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 4511 Owner

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum but not to woodworking. I had sold my old craftman table saw and bought the 4511. I just got it this past weekend. Have not had a chance to really use it yet. I have been doing some adjustments and fine tuning. I have a TS-Alignment Jr. kit that I have been using. I must say, I am impressed of the readings right out of the box. However, I did have to adjust the miter slot with the blade. I, too, have noticed though that when I get the table aligned with in 0.001 and begin to tighten the screw that is located on under the table on the left side toward the back, the needle moves out of range. I believe I will use one of the suggestions on the forum of using nail polish to "set" the hex screw where it is now to keep the table aligned. Any other suggestions on this? Also, just wondering about the fence. Has everyone using this saw so far fine the rip fence to be good?

Re: New 4511 Owner

Nothing wrong with the fence. Just take your time setting it up. There is some good info on the board here. There is even one diagram as how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Southwood View Post
      Nothing wrong with the fence. Just take your time setting it up. There is some good info on the board here. There is even one diagram as how to do it.
      Any link to that diagram? I thought Ive been through all of the threads but never saw a diagram. Ive tried using the Steel City fence instructions, but I cant seem to get it just right.

Comment

Look here: http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...67&postcount=3

There's a .pdf attachment that gives a good explanation.
        De Colores,
        Dow
        Boerne, TX

Comment

There you go. That is what I used. Real good info

Comment

Working...
          X