Warped Cast Iron Table on 3650

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warped Cast Iron Table on 3650

what on earth would make a cast iron table bow in the area around the throat plate. I think i'm having this problem. Ive adjusted the set screws over and over again and can't get a straightedge to lay completely flat across the table and throat plate. http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/ima...lies/frown.gif

djame

Re: Warped Cast Iron Table on 3650

kind of hard to tell from your post but is the throat plate the problem? have you tried taking the plate off and seeing if just the top is level? when you say bow do you mean the throat plate is higher or lower then the top? if the top is bowed the adjustment screws for the throat plate wont make any difference. maybe a picture would help

Comment

I agree with Mike, check your throat plate with a straight edge. I know that my original one has warped up in the center. It gives the appearance that the cast iron has a bow in it.

Comment

Whew!!!!!!

That was kinda traumatic. Took the throat plate off laid it top down on the jointer table and it rocked table saw top indeed looks bowed when the throat plate is in. Thanks for the help you guys
        djame

Comment

Working...
        X