A new cool turning tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new cool turning tool

Just found this and thought it is a pretty slick tool for measuring the OD of a turning while working on the lathe.

http://www.petergalbertchairmaker.com/caliper.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrPLN...layer_embedded
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Re: A new cool turning tool

Well, yeah, it does THAT really well, but what does it do for you regarding measuring the I.D.?

Comment

Pretty nifty! Thanks for posting, Bob. Just what I need....more things to spend money on!!
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
        Pretty nifty! Thanks for posting, Bob. Just what I need....more things to spend money on!!

No problem, glad I could help. We've got to get this economy moving somehow.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

That was mentioned/featured in this month's issue of Fine WoodWorking. Pretty nifty.

Comment

In addition to developing a great tool, Peter Galbert and his wife are wonderful people. He had a booth at the Northeast Woodworker's Association Expo this spring. I talked with him briefly at his booth and then spent more time with him after the show. He is a dynamic guy and freely answered any questions I had regarding chair building with suggestions of how he had solved problems similar to what I had. If you are a chair builder, or even have an interest in chair building, his blog on his website offeres a wealth of information. I can't say enough good about him.

The Northeastern Woodworker's Association thought enough of him that they asked him to come back next year as a presenter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
              In addition to developing a great tool, Peter Galbert and his wife are wonderful people. He had a booth at the Northeast Woodworker's Association Expo this spring. I talked with him briefly at his booth and then spent more time with him after the show. He is a dynamic guy and freely answered any questions I had regarding chair building with suggestions of how he had solved problems similar to what I had. If you are a chair builder, or even have an interest in chair building, his blog on his website offeres a wealth of information. I can't say enough good about him.

The Northeastern Woodworker's Association thought enough of him that they asked him to come back next year as a presenter.

What is the website please?

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                What is the website please?

Scroll up to the first post in this thread by Bob D, click on the website listed, and that will bring you there.

Comment

Working...
                X