X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minwax Polyshades on my entire floor

hey, i talked to a friend of mine who put minwax polyshades on his livingroom floor and let dry overnight and it turned out great for him... i wanted to "renew" my upstairs hallway without spending a ton of money on it, so i bought minwax polyshades and put it on.. followed what he did..."painted it on... not very thick... n let it dry" ... i did not wipe off excess! ... well it's now been 3 days and it's still STICKY... im probably screwed... please anyone help i need it... John

Re: Minwax Polyshades on my entire floor

Ribby, I wish I had a really good answer for you....there's others here that probably will. My only suggestion is to get as many fans as you can to push air over the floor and help it dry. There may be just too much moisture in the air and the finish can't properly dry. By putting some moving air over the floor, you should be able to dry the material quicker.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

what did you do for prep before you stained and what was on the floor for a finish before hand?

Comment

Minwas does not recommend their normal poly product lines for hardwood flooring.

Big G

Comment

You could try to put a coat of polyurethane or two on top of the floor, but as Big G mentioned, you're using it for a non recommended use. Not sure how well it will hold up to foot traffic.

Maybe using a deck grade stain/sealant will help, but really can't say what it will do for looks of your floor. Is your floor a true hardwood floor, or just laminate?

Moving as much air as you can over the floor is probably your best bet for drying also.

Comment

It may take many days to dry. Here's one that is used on bowling allies.
            http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=7259
            Jim

Comment

Working...
            X