Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Orange and Gray touch up paints?

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find a good answer on the forums. I would like to have a couple of cans of Ridgid Gray and Ridgid Orange spray paint for touch up jobs on my equipment. Does anyone, such as Ridgid Parts, sell these?

I know I can take in a sample piece of equipment to Home Depot and others, and they can color match, then sell me some paint in a can. I even think I read that CarQuest Auto Parts can do the same thing and then produce a can of aerosol paint for $20 per can.

Anybody know if I can buy this paint from Ridgid? Seems like they should sell it.
    There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Re: Ridgid Orange and Gray touch up paints?

I don't recall anyone ever saying that they got either color of touch-up paint directly from RIDGID so I don't think it's available from them. I'd say your best bet would be one of the options you already mentioned.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

You might also try this place. I don't know if they can mix a color other than used on cars, but they might be able to if you can supply the formula.

http://www.paintscratch.com/
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks, Bob and Dave. It's surprising that this is not readily available from Ridgid. I had a Shopsmith for years, and they sold a gray spray paint for their equipment. Come to think of it, their gray is really close to Ridgid gray! Now, if I can just find that orange.....

By the way, I posted recently that I acquired the Ridgid bandsaw, jointer, drill press and 12" SCMS at a great deal recently from Home Depot and the Woodworking Show in Houston. I got all four pieces for $1,200 including tax. They join my Ridgid 3650 table saw, planer, drum sander and a couple of power hand tools in my "orange garage". I have everything assembled and as soon as I finish tidying up the garage and put everything in place, I'll post pictures.
        There are three kinds of people in this world - those who can count, and those who can't.

Comment

Yeah. Snap-on and MAC both used to sell touch up paint for their tools boxes. I don't know if they still do.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob McCormick posted once that Krylon's "Pumpkin Orange" was a close match...

Comment

Hmmm, Krylon's "Pumpkin Orange". I wonder if that's a spin off of the now defunct American Traditions paint by the same name. The deep gray, OTOH, I have not found one to match.
              Later,
              Chiz

Comment

Originally posted by Sawdust Steve View Post
                ...I had a Shopsmith for years, and they sold a gray spray paint for their equipment. Come to think of it, their gray is really close to Ridgid gray! Now, if I can just find that orange...
                Just an idea: IF you do find the correct color composition numbers at the Borg or elsewhere, do you suppose you could post them here? I'm sure that there are others like me would like to take the numbers into our local HD/Borg and get some for our own use.

Eddie

Comment

Working...
                X