X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R4511 Router Table & Fence

I dont have any pics, but I made the rails one piece in front and back, and added a few extra holes in each rail to bolt a router extension to.

No, there isnt an easy way to bolt the extension to the granite wing, but I figured 3 extra holes in the front and rear rails is plenty of support for the router extension. For a little extra support I was planning on a steel angle under the router extension that goes between the rails of the saw (even considered bolting it to the rails)

It should work fine that way. I changed directions a bit and am sticking with a separate router table, thats why I dont have any pics of my setup.

Comment

I also attached a router table extension wing onto my 4511. A limited budget left me searching for materials lying around the shop and things I could get for free at my day job (Metalcasting company).

It is a 3/4" ply under 3/4" MDF covered with 1/8" sheet metal.

I fabricated a frame, which basically looks like "TT" - an angle iron member on the back that attaces to the rear rail with bolts and the two flat iron members that run front to back and are mounted under the front rail. I drilled and tapped the front rail - but had to be very careful as the front rail material is extremely thin and looks to be prone to stripping.

It doesn't have a miter slot, but I'm certain I can make a very large fence for the miter gauge and use it in the slot to the right of the table saw blade.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy Woodcraft View Post
        I also attached a router table extension wing onto my 4511.
        Any chance you can slap up some more detailed shots on how the table is affixed to the factory rails?

I'd prefer not to change the rails out.. At least not quite yet.

Comment

Can you tell me what size rails you used?

Comment

I just got the 4511 last night. I'd love to get some more information from you guys on how to re-do the front and rear rails on my saw so that I can mount a router table to it.

More pictures of your set ups and details on the materials would be greatly appreciated!

Cory

Comment

Followup to requests for more pictures seems to be slim to none.. Soon as I'm done with this fireplace mantel I'll be doing my extension.. I'll be replacing the right wing entirely though, most likely. Make life a little easier, IMO.

Comment

I just bought a 4511 last week. New to the Forum, but posted a thread about 'mounting biesmeyer fence on the 4511'.

My 54" Biesmeyer was on my Craftsman saw with a 50" x 27" extension table with router insert. I made my table out of 3/4" melamine, framed with 2.25"H x 4/4" maple around the edges and some braces across. I like using melamine for shop tops. very smooth, easy to make notes in pencil on, and easy to erase/clean.

I lost the right wing and attached the extension table to the saw table the same way the right wing was attached. I had a right leg on my old set-up and the whole thing was mounted on a sled (solid core 1.75" birch commercial door that a neighbor gave me) that has 6-2.5" casters to move it around the garage/shop.

I thought I could just take off my craftsman and sip in the Ridgid... not so. I don't think the saw and caster set-up would support the fence and extension table without a leg to support. I also use the extension table as my primary work surface in my shop. So, it needs to be stable.

So, I'm mounting the 4511 on my sled and re fabricating my extension table. The biggest problem is that none of the holes on the Biesmeyer angle iron (there are lots) match up with the 4511 granite tops. New angle iron?

Comment

I have gotten the 54" Biesmeyer mounted and some pictures of it in my profile. I still haven't figured out how to put them in a reply/post. But, at least you can see them in my album under my profile if you are interested.

Comment

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X