Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Riving knife for the R4511

Thanks, Guys.
    Splitter sets and riving knives generally take less than 3 weeks. RK's are a little quicker since there are less to them than splitter sets.
    The time it takes is directly related to how many orders ahead of yours that I have. I made up several of these at once when I sold out of the ones that I had. Sold those and have now made more.
    Shark Guards take the longest of course. Not because it takes me so long to make them, but I just have so many orders.

The RK's that I make for the 4511 are compatible with the Shark guard as well, BTW.
    Thanks again.

As an aside note, the SC RK's are just a bit different than the Ridgid's. They will fit, but the shoulders below are different. The guy I worked with on the SC showed two different height shoulders with his OEM RK's. You can see that in the photo.
    We actually fine tuned the SC shark knife to fit the bracket shoulder precisely.
    You can compare my two patterns here if interested.
    http://leestyron.com/splitrkpats.php
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Leeway; 05-24-2009, 07:39 PM. Reason: added a note.

Comment

Re: Riving knife for the R4511

Hi Lee,

Thanks for stopping by and giving us an update on your products.

Glad to hear your Sharkguard is selling so well.
      "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
      John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
      X