Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
4511 Arbor Shaft Broke Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

    CD0835- Not sure what the CD would be, but thinking 2008 35th week.

    Still scratching my head as what to do. Want to take it back today, but have stuff that needs to be done, with the saw. Can still use regular blade. On that same note, I don't want to use it either.

    Oh yea, I have to figure out how to load the dang thing too.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

      Originally posted by Southwood View Post
      CD0835- Not sure what the CD would be, but thinking 2008 35th week.

      Still scratching my head as what to do. Want to take it back today, but have stuff that needs to be done, with the saw. Can still use regular blade. On that same note, I don't want to use it either.

      Oh yea, I have to figure out how to load the dang thing too.
      Since it broke and u are still within 90 days, get the manager to do a free shipment and free pickup from the store. U can get them to do that. Let them know it is too heavy and u got a defective product. Good luck. Don't pack it up or anything. Just as is.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

        I would do whatever you need to to get HD to come out and deliver a new saw. I know at least one person in the massive R4511 thread got HD to replace the saw by delivering a new one on a liftgate truck and helping them load up the old one. With a safety issue such as this, just start asking HD if you should contact consumer protection, etc.

        I also agree that Ridgid SHOULD want to check this out to make sure its not another arbor issue (a la the 3650).

        You are correct.....35th week of 2008. Not sure of the CD either. My saw was 50th week of 2008, as a reference. If we are correct about the year and week thing, 35th week seems awful early. Considering the saw was "mistakenly" released to the public and we still only started seeing them late in the year even after that, 35th week might be really close to the beginning of the build. The serial number would confirm that, but I wouldnt expect you to post that (although at this point it might not be your saw anymore!)

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

          Not to sure about the number thing. Mine is CD0917, that would make the build date in april. Of course I did pick it up yesterday,but that does seem pretty fast with the boat ride from the factory.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

            Originally posted by The Grey Knight View Post
            Not to sure about the number thing. Mine is CD0917, that would make the build date in april. Of course I did pick it up yesterday,but that does seem pretty fast with the boat ride from the factory.
            The two in box that Ive seen were 0849 and 0850 (mine). I believe other Ridgid tools work the same way.

            So 17th week of 09 is mar 28 to april 1 (assuming sat/sunday off). Seems pretty feasible that the saw could have made it to the states a week or two later then to an HD a week or two after that. Especially if the saw was built early on in the week (but you dont want a "Monday saw"!!! )

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

              The letter prefix may be a reference to the factory it was made in or the assembly line that the saw came down within the factory.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

                She's home, I went to the Evansville HD and switched. Easy, very easy. 2hr 21 mins round trip. I guess I figured out the load thing. I main concern was lay it flat or standing up. It wasn't how, guess I should have explained that better. Forgot to mention we have a 100 hp fork truck. This is the new one. 0845 date code, lots of changes between the last one. Will make a list and post.



                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

                  One other thing, what was the issue with the 3600 series?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

                    Originally posted by Southwood View Post
                    One other thing, what was the issue with the 3600 series?
                    The arbor issue with the 3650 is discussed here:

                    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...51&postcount=1
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

                      Sounds like it was defective. It's good you exchanged it. You sure have the right tool for lifting that thing!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

                        yea, a tractor with a front end loader attachment is a great tool for moving a saw that weighs 477lbs.
                        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

                          I wasn't sure if you were being facetious, so I checked it out...

                          Looks like a NH tractor comes in around 6000lb, depending on model. And the loaders manage around 2000lb.

                          Looks OK to me! Not sure how I would get that in my basement though!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

                            Well I had shoulder surgury here lately and the father in law had knee replacement. Didn't want to take any chances. Safety first on the farm

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

                              Why risk injury when you have a machine available that can do the job safer?
                              Last edited by Bob D.; 05-26-2009, 09:47 PM.
                              ---------------
                              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                              ---------------
                              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                              ---------
                              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                              ---------
                              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: 4511 Arbor Shaft Broke

                                Originally posted by Southwood View Post
                                She's home, I went to the Evansville HD and switched. Easy, very easy. 2hr 21 mins round trip. I guess I figured out the load thing. I main concern was lay it flat or standing up. It wasn't how, guess I should have explained that better. Forgot to mention we have a 100 hp fork truck. This is the new one. 0845 date code, lots of changes between the last one. Will make a list and post.
                                LOTS of changes? Interesting..........very interested in the list once you post it!

                                -Chris

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X