X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craftsman Router Table extension

I have very limited space in my shop so when I bought the TS3612 (replacing my Ryobi BT3100)my shop space got even smaller I had a homemade router table that took up a lot of space, so while I was at the mall with the LOML I decided to look at the Craftsman Router Table extension for table saws. I bought one and as it turns out, it fits perfectly on the TS3612. Not only does it function as a router table, but when you remove the fence it acts as an additional table extension. Also, since it is made out of aluminum, it doesn't put a lot of extra weight on the rails. Great product for anyone with limited space!

I also lack space for a full size table. How does that router ext compare to a bench top router table?
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

It's the exact same top that is on the Craftsman Deluxe Router Table. It has a jointer attachment, dust collection/safety hood, integrated push block, 3 different throat inserts and a very cheap mitre gauge (read junk). The power switch is designed so you can plug in youe router and shop vac. So when you flick the switch it turns both on! Also, the TS3612 is so heavy that it provides a very sturdy routing platform. All together, it looks good, works good and is fairly inexpensive. I got it on sale for $100 Canadian.

Comment

I guess you mean this one?

Wonder how much this deflects with a 2 hp router in it? I want to build the famed Ultimate Tool Stand, but this would sure have me up and running a lot faster.

It is, however, $109 US on the web site.

Comment

Yes, that's the one. I too would like to build the ultimate router station, but until I get more space this isn't too shabby. I'm using a 1 1/2 HP DeWalt 613 in it with no problems so far.

Comment

I don't chime in often, really never...but I've seen 2 references to the "utimate router table". Sounds like it fits the bill for my current passion. Where can I find those plans for review?

Thanks in advance.

Andy Haney

Comment

Do you know if this unit fits a Dewalt DW621 plunge router?

The picture at the sears site show that the router table extension sites on the left of the blade. Can this be added to the right of the right extension wing?

Thanks
              - Jimmy

Comment

Andy,
                The ultimate router table that I've mentioned in the past was built by Norm on one of the shows this season. If you go to the New Yankee Workshop webpage, I'm sure that you will find a link to the plans.

This link should take you right to it.

http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?0301
                Bill

Comment

Thanks for the link, Bill. I've ordered the plans.

Andy Haney

Comment

Jip, the Sears router table extension does fit to the right of the exisiting extension on the TS3612, as that is how mine is set up. Also, I have my DeWalt router mounted in it right now. All you need is the Sears Universal Router Mounting Plate. Works gerat, and when I remove the router table fence it adds a lot more work area to the saw. Very good setup.

Comment

I have this same Craftsman table extension in my Ridgid TS3650 and I'm very happy with it. I have a 2 1/4 horse Dewalt and I made an adapter plate to mount it with some plywood. The Craftsman adapter plate just didn't want to line up for me in any configuration.

As far as deflection, the directions tell you to replace one of the cast iron extensions with this, bolting it right to the cast iron table. I didn't do that, I added it on to make the table even larger.

The fence is "OK" but this doesn't compete with the $350 and up router tables I've seen, but for limited budgets and space, it's a great addition.

Steve
                      http://www.bargainbirch.com
                      Steve<br /><a href=\"http://www.bargainbirch.com/commerce/index.php?cPath=21?ad=ridgid\" target=\"_blank\">BargainBirch.com</a>

Comment

How does the craftsman compare to the benchdog extension?
                        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

I have seen the table extension and think it would be a good investment if you are lacking shop space. It also serves as a table saw table extension when you are not using your router. However, I have only seen this in the Craftsman catalogue, and do not consider myself an expert on such things.

[ 12-15-2004, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: buctooth ]
                          <a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/buctooth\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/buctooth</a><br />Please tell us how you like the site, even if you hate it. If you want, feel free to visit the forum.

Comment

I would say it doesn't compare at all to the Bechdog, but neither does the price. I picked mine up at a pawn shop for $40, new, in the box. I don't know as I'd recomend paying the $110 for it unless you don't use it all that much, or plan to make a custom fence.

-Steve
                            Steve<br /><a href=\"http://www.bargainbirch.com/commerce/index.php?cPath=21?ad=ridgid\" target=\"_blank\">BargainBirch.com</a>

Comment

Working...
                            X