X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Recommendation on Dado blade

I just bought the 2424 and need to get a dado set. Any recommendations??
    wjbender<br />wjbender@comcast.net

I personally have the Jeseda Joint Master set and find it very nice. I've also heard good things about the Forrest Dado set.

Michael

Comment

I too have the Jeseda Joint Master set,I loved it.I been useing the daod head to cut rabbits and dados with the grain and across the grain of plywood no tear out form the vener.
      Andy B.

Comment

the freud SD200 is what i use and it is awesome! incredible in hard wood as well as soft and with a great price. if you are looking for more of a higher end dado i would recommend the CMT or the FORREST.

the freud i speak of is an awesome blade set (but the only one i have ever used) and i couldnt be happier with it!
        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

I have the Jesada Joint master and couldn't be happier. I like having the 3/32" chipper so I can cut the correct width dado's for plywood. Any dado set with only 1/4" chippers will not cut plywood dado's that fit properly.

Comment

I have the Freud 8" and it works perfectly. I sis have one problem in the beginning with the arbor on my 2424. The left most blade droped just a little because of the way Ridgid manufactured them at the time. They sent me a new one and the problem is fixed. Since you have the newest model of the 2424 you will not have any problems. I have used my full stack just to try out the power and it performed flawlessly.
            Justin

Comment

I have the Harbor Freight 8" dado and have been happy with it. It is often on sale for $19.99. That's hard to beat.

I can't say I know how it compares to Freud and the like, but it has done a good job for me.

Comment

I have the freud SD208 and it seems to work well. I have noticed that the outside blades cut a little deeper on the outside, quite noticeable when two cuts overlap. If you look close on a finger joint you might see it. Otherwise makes great cuts. Does anyone else have this problem with a 208 or other dado sets, is this normal?

Comment

They are supposed to do that, it reduces tearout on plywood face dadoes. If you want a special set for fingerjointing, your Sharpener can set up a set that way.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                  X